1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tossing up between PT91, DBB 91, or S95, etc, cant decide

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ltd351, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ltd351

Looking at steeping up to a super thumper, been looking at buying one for over 2 years but finally have the time and money now, looking at S95 that Jose reccomended two years ago, regular precision PT91 or Australian made MR TURBO double ball bearing 91mm.

Looking for 1500FWHP potential with good intake to exhaust PR at that level, 351cubes, 7.5k limit but can be raised if req, about 280cfm@max cam lift, 340peak at .700, typical blow thru, glide, 9.5" 3500 conv, 9" 3.5's, etc etc etc etc

Fuel is PROPANE.....can be a touch slower to spool things.....hence my reading and searching I can find no propane engines at this level. The car is setup with a custom made prototype "for testing purposes" tank, -10 main lines, and multiple multiple lockoffs/regs/mixers.....about 1200rwkw of propane parts...
    [​IMG]#ad

I just can't decide on housing or turbine....and I have nothing that compares directly...

F trim with 1.32 or G trim with 1.0???? I have read heaps of threads and am leaning towards 1.0 with G trim....but just not sure if it may be lazy on the 351 with LPG fuel, my car is very heavy also so too lazy will hurt. Using venturi style mixers as I have, generally at peak RPM they will be a restriction, showing lower intake pressure compared to turbo outlet pressure, so the intake to exhaust backpressure ratio is often higher than normal even with very large turbo's, etc, so I'm not sure how this will effect my selection, as i may need to crank over 40psi to get the flow through the mixers, but may only get 30psi in the intake. Just a bit stumped for where to go from here.

Please any feedback from people who have actually used one on similar cubes/setup let me know what you think, any feedback is good.

2. ltd351

Have been speaking with Mark from MR TURBO AUS, and am looking at the billet dual BB range from 94 thru 101, F trim with 1.0, they use garrett housings so I have more options compared to precision housings, so can go 1.14, etc..... waiting on prices, they also do them with S series borg warner ETT comp wheels, better for high boost apparently.

3. Will Evers

Just call Jose again and see whats changed over the past 2 years...

They guy is a dealer for everything and will get you the best turbo for you, not the only one that he sells.

He really helped steer me in the right direction.

4. JZ 97 SS 1500

We do deal with everything pretty much on the planet.

5. ltd351

I would call but time zone differences make it hard.

What would be your suggestion for my setup now? I'm thinking 94 or 96 is the way to go.

Any input is much appreciated.

Cheers

6. JZ 97 SS 1500

If you have a motor stout enough to turn it......Garrett T94/PT94. With a G-trim turbine is going to be the most powerful unit . only problem is getting them spooled. Now with that being said you could go to the GT55-94/EZ94X, which is ungodly and spools almost to fast. We have the non- DBB versions also of the units to keep the costs down. As for the Borg Warner(S95, 595, S510...etc whatever you want to call it), its a great unit but after some testing that a customer did for us...they simply don't have the turbine flow of the garretts. You can not beat a F-trim or G-trim in the terms of exhaust flow...period. People have no clue what a G-trim with a 1.32 or 1.50A/R can support, and the turbine map is unreal.

7. ltd351

yes, getting it going has been a major concern as propane can slow spool down I've found.

The combination i was thinking of is F trim turbine in garret 1.0 housing, with BW 95'ish ETT comp wheel.

Do you have a unit like that?

I'd like to start with the G trim but I doubt this engine will be able to get it going.

8. JZ 97 SS 1500

I sent you a PM...did you get it??

9. ltd351

no new Pm's Jose, try send it again or email
    This content is protected

thanks.