1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

32 ford stolen in San Antonio

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by gotageta5oh, Oct 17, 2010.

1. gotageta5oh

2. 10secgoal

Will be stripped in two days and never seen again. Sad, really sad.

3. gotageta5oh

Yep....

My father has taken to hiding tracking devices in his trailer and race car just in case this happens.... With proximity boundaries so if it leaves a certain area he gets notified automatically.

4. 10secgoal

You and I will be in touch after this Shelby is done. ;)

5. Traction Issuez

This is just a crossing of two very infamous trends; stolen ford F250/350's and thefts at Academy/Bass Pro Shop/Gander locations. I don't know what makes it so easy to steal these trucks but I bet if I searched the internet enough I could find it and market a patch that I wouldn't be able to make fast enough. I've heard plenty of stories about people going into places like this and coming out to empty if not missing trucks, it just so happens this one was attached to something much more valuable. Truly shitty story and with all occasions I can only hope for a very slow and painful result for the theives.
    issuez

6. gotageta5oh

I will ask my pops what company he purchased his stuff from.

7. Wanderer

Two reasons for this:
    1) F250 and F350's from 99-07 are extremely easy to pop. There are a couple companies that sell fixes for it, they run about $40 and worth it compared to replacing an $350 Harley Davidson dash, or whatever else gets broken along the way.
    http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product, JJ.htm << Something along these lines will help, I'm sure guys who do a lot of'em will tell you which works best.
    2) In general the people who shop at Academy/Bass Pro Shop/Gander, that are driving trucks are likely to have a gun in the truck or something of equal value.

And yes, had this happen to me about 2 months back. Walked into Lowes, bought a weedwhacker, came back out 5 minutes later and was greeted by parking lot security telling me my door was popped. Later I found out how common it was and it fell under the "I wish someone would've fricking said something before it happened" category. But I'm sure that would've upset someone with the whole giving out free advice :)

That and... tail lights are surprisingly common. Even stock ones on like 99-06 Silverado's.

8. 10secgoal

Their locking system sucks balls. I can get into a Ford in under 10 seconds, no exaggeration. Closer to 5. T-birds are more difficult. 350's are the harder out of their trucks, but if you do enough of them, it just takes a bigger bend in the slim jim than the others in the same spot. That gives them plenty of time, and it's so fast no one gets suspicious.