1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Top mount turbo vs bottom mount turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Dura, May 5, 2003.

1. Dura

Howdy. I'm new to the turbo mustang world and I have one question that has been bugging me. Would mounting a tt kit above the above the heads, (ie TDC kit) create that much more heat problems than mounting them below the heads, (ie Incon kit). Or would an after market hood and heat shields take
    care of that? Hmmmmm. I just might of answered my own question, but some feed back would be greatly appreciated.

2. Snipe656

I never really cared for that above design TDC used and one reason being what you just listed the heat soak issue and the hood clearance. But don't some Incon people have issues with clutch cables and such due tot he heat? Seems one of the best places to put all that heat is up under the front frame rails but then you face the oil return issues.