1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

to adjust a brpv from csu do I?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by mookandairin, Aug 15, 2020.

1. mookandairin

To give me more fuel under wot and boost do I screw in out out the adjustable brpv? the carb is a CSU blow thru. I am going lean under wot and boost coming in. . I am close but I am having a lean condition when boost is coming in so it has to be the secondaries because the idle and cruise seems fine. i know I have to get the fuel pressure gauge to where I can see it under wot so I got to figure out the way to make that happen yet. I have my fp set at 6psi at the moment. Is that too low maybe? fuel levels are set just under the site plug holes.

hdwgfx likes this.
  2. B E N

Fuel pressure needs to be verified first, if it isn't rising properly you are chasing ghosts.

mookandairin likes this.
  3. mookandairin

I have my fuel press set at 6# and it is rising when the motor's rpm's rise up to about 10 or so before boost. Its kind of hard to be looking at all the gauges when you are accelerating at the rate it does on the street lol. I am running a TT 355 sbc, CSU 850 blow thru, Aeromotive A1000 W/ matching boost ref fpr, 2 aeromotive filters (1) 100 micron before the pump a 10 micron after the pump going thru a -10 feed line and a -8 return on a 10n gal cell.
    I am trying everything I can to get it to fatten up under boost other than changing jets as it seems fine when cruising. when I get into it hard the wide band shows 14's-15's from the 10's-11's. So far I've tried: fuel levels, adding some pressure but when I do it seems to flood the motor. fuel gets pushed passed the needle and seat @ 7#'s for some reason and I've cleaned and cleaned but it is sound as can be and it all goes away at 6#'s of fuel pressure so I leave it there. I am not a carb guru by any measure but I know how to adjust/tune a normal carb for the most part. I am wondering how to fatten up the carb under hard acceleration, coming into boost and when I am into boost i guess what I am trying to say/figure out. If you need any other info please lmk. The summer is winded down and fall is upon us. Although I have been for a few rides in my truck I would like to come out next summer strong and not chasing my tail like I have with the truck this summer. I have learned a lot over the course of the last few months though but wish the learning curve was a little easier lol
    No matter how I try to say things online in my head I sound like a idiot either way it's said so I guess it is what it is

4. tbird

If you bought this from CSU I would contact him. This will fix it the fastest.
    Keep fuel pressure 5-6. More wont fix anything.

My questions,
    Can you explain more of this " when I get into it hard the wide band shows 14's-15's from the 10's-11's"
    Are you saying its cruising 10-11s, or as you roll into it?
    Have you tried adjusting the powervalve opening point?

5. mookandairin

Thats what I was wanting to know, adjusting the opening point. I remember reading one turn (I dont remember what direction) is 1/2 # of boost. Ya at cruise I am at 10's 11's but when I hammer it I go from 10-11's t0 15's.
    when I call csu i get the mailbox is full message. I have also left emails too but no response so I dont know. I was thinking/wanting to talk to them about sending it in to them for a refreshing and talk to them about going to E85 and see what it takes/costs then turning up the boost to about 20 for some good times

6. tbird

What is your idle AFR?
    It shouldnt be cruising that rich. Should be at least in the 13s at light cruise.

I know how much a turn is . Pretty sure backing the screw out makes it open at less boost.