1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Titanium retainers worth doing?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by pwrdbypsi, Jul 26, 2010.

1. pwrdbypsi

I was thinking of putting titanium retainers but are they really needed with beehive springs?The retainers are so small on these motors that i cant see them being such a big deal. Heads are being freshened up with a new set of springs.

2. No Power Limit

The ti retainers are not worth the money. With good springs, steel retainers, cams, and good heads; the engine will rev 8500rpm.

3. 99TTGT

we have built mod motor making over 1100RWHP ussing steel retainers........

4. leeperryracing

while you're at it, get some titanium valves too! j/k....forget those man, just use steel ones.

5. pwrdbypsi

I just talked to the shop and told them to forget the retainers. Thanks guys for your input.

6. avexhype

i was able to get free comp ti retainers :) thats what im going to be using hehe