1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mass airflow question?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 2fastturbos, Mar 17, 2008.

1. 2fastturbos

What do you guys recomend? Draw through or blow through Mass air setup. its gonna be in a daily driven 03 Mach I. thanks

2. juiced46

I run mine in drawthru and it works great. I have also run blow thru setups on customers cars with success. Both ways will work great if setup properly. If you run a draw thru setup you have to make sure you do not get any backwash from the BOV recirculating back into the MAF which will cause driveability issues. With a blow thru setup you need to make sure you are using a good sensor in the correct size tubing for your power level that is in a nice straight piece of pipe.

What are the specifics of your setup? How much power are you looking to make? Do you already have a MAF for this application?

Dave