1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Modifing an EEC-VI for Low Imp Injectors?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Silver91Hatch, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Silver91Hatch

Has anyone modified an A9(x) series processor to run with low z injectors? I have a couple spare processors and I am thinking about having one modified to run low imp. injectors or having one modified to do so. I have also read about some people modifing the computer harness to run with the AFM low imp injector driver module. If anyone has any information I would love to learn more on this subject. Thanks

2. my8950

It is pretty tough to find much information on this anymore really. I was looking a long time ago, and have been for years but nothing has really surfaced. I know that Lidio at Alternative used to do it, and a few other people could do this. Since these resistor boxes came out and crap like that, its really out of the question anymore. Stand alone ECU's can mostly run Low Impedance injectors, most of them anyway, FAST, ACCEL, BS3....I think AEM uses the resistor box....
    You could check at eectuning.org and maybe get more info. I know I posted over there a long time ago with few responses....I'd like to know if you find anything out.

3. Silver91Hatch

Yeah I cruise EECTuning now and then but I didn't see any concrete info on there either.

4. ami2loud

I know its not what your asking but I purchased the Acceleronics Versafueler for my 72's and it works good. Installation wasnt bad just a bunch of cutting and soldering on the injector harness to each injector.

5. Silver91Hatch

What does that do exactly? Do you have a link to more info, price, etc? Thanks

6. ami2loud

http://www.acceleronics.com/versafueler.htm

Here you go. I picked mine up used. Still use my a9l and Tweecer. Its basically just a low impedence injector driver that hooks inline from ecu to injectors. Check out the instructions on the site. Not bad, just splicing some wires.

7. Silver91Hatch

That looks very reasonable conindering the prices I seen some places quoting on rebuild my processor to run lows, if it would even work. Where did you find a used one?

Thanks for the link, if I can't find a used one I will order a new one.

8. underpsi68

One of my friends is selling a used AEM low impedance controller. If your interested shoot me a PM for contact info.

9. Silver91Hatch

Is it a stand anyone item that will work with a A9x processor?

10. underpsi68

Yes its a S/A driver. You just wire it in between the ECU and injectors.

11. Silver91Hatch

Shoot me a PM with some contact info or prices and pics. I am interested. Thanks

12. sneakypony

Check your pm

13. BringIt10s

You can get 105lb/hr High Impedance Injectors now

No need for a Driver Box

14. Silver91Hatch

I am looking for 120#er's + and I don't know of anyone that sales them. Plus the high imp injectors get sluggish, etc as the larger they get and this will turn into a street car when its time so I want something streetable.

15. BringIt10s

16. Silver91Hatch

Holy cow. $1G for 8 injectors? I think I'll get some low Z's and a converter to trun them with my stock ECU. That cheaper and I have heard nothing but good about the low Z injectors.

17. 1BAD6T6

http://www.aemelectronics.com/Images/Products/Installation%20Instructions%2030-2710.pdf

Bought my AEM used and will be running 83# low-z injectors with a A9x with Quarterhorse and Binary Editor.

I've seen tests that show the reaction time of high-z to low-z injectors, but cannot remember where I saw it. If I find the test results I'll post em up. It showed why the 83lb+ high-z's are so tempermental when tuning for cruise and idle.

18. BringIt10s

19. my8950

If my memory serves me correct, something I didn't like about those driver boxes is that it takes one injector input and basically converts your car to a batch fire setup.
    Good luck with those high flow high impedance injectors, I personally wouldn't run anything over 55's high impedance. Once you start putting boost on top of regulator and cranking up the fuel pressure, high impedance injectors get crappy...Sure people do it, then again, people also kill other people....doesn't make it right....

20. underpsi68

The driver boxes do not convert the setup to batch fire if it isn't to start with. I don't know where you got that from. Some of the driver boxes do just add a resistor in line making a low impedance injector a high impedance injector. That's not the correct way IMO.

There is nothing wrong with SOME of the larger high impedance injectors. I will be going to a se of ID2000's soon. A 200lb high inpedance injector. They are more controlable than most low impedance injectors. These injectors work up till about 130psi. There is more to an injector of just high/low impedance.