1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Timing questions MSD Prog. dig. 7 7535

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by wazslow, Apr 23, 2006.

1. wazslow

Hey guys, got a track rental Im going to on wednesday and I want to start playing with the timing curves. Here is what I was planning, let me know if this it right. I usually have the timing locked out at 22 degrees with 10 lbs of boost on 93 octane with no problems. So I am planning on locking it out at 32 degrees and pulling 1 degree out per PSI or boost so I will be back at 22 degress when I see 10 lbs. SOund good? Any help is greatly appreciated, need to get the tune up in this thing for the pump gas drags. Thanks.

2. SWT Racing

I don't think the actual timing numbers are any problem, but that transition from 32* at 0 psi to 22* at 10 might creep into detonation if you're not careful while on 93 octane. You'll have to play around a little to find out where the detonation threshold is.

3. SprayedSDime

Just for kicks and giggles... How do you guys detect detonation? Clatter, clatter, boom?

Also, what advantage does the 7531 have over this box? Just the ability to jerk timing back up with a gear shift?

Oh, and wazslow, play it safe on that thing. We're having REALLY crazy weather here (Memphis) now. Temps jump around 20* on a day-to-day basis, so you might want to be ready to change your jetting between Thursday's TNT and Friday's race... Hell, you may want to change them just before tech on Friday :shock:...