1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tial wastegates on sale.......too good to be true? Anyone ordered from this.....

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mtrain, Nov 16, 2010.

1. mtrain

2. 10secgoal

Not really that cheap. But the flanges are 45 ea holy shit lol

3. mtrain

What is the mvs 38mm, and where can you buy them?..........thanks.

4. 10secgoal

It's a v-band version. VSracing sells them^^^^^^

5. mtrain

Thanks, who does have the best price on Tial wastegates?

6. mog-10

that is not cheap at all and 50 buck flanges that is crazy if i were you id keep looking

7. mtrain

8. mtrain

9. mog-10

i hate when places do that.

just buy a cheap knock off and take it apart and put so hi temp anti seize on the valve shaft and a real spring in it and call it good

10. Marty Staggs

You really think that is a good idea? :stroke:

11. 302f150

.....check out jgsturbo.com. I believe they are a site sponsor, if not I know racepartsolutions is and carries them. A lot cheaper than a tial and mine has worked flawlessly. I emailed the owner and he replied and was really helpful

12. 10secgoal

I've started to carry them because they have fixed Tail problems for me in the past. Customer service is better also.

13. 302f150

I checked, they are a sponsor, and two other sponsors carry them that we know of lol. It wasnt a decision I had a hard time making

14. flash

15. Drac0nic

screw diaphragm gates if you're getting a good/new one get a JGS and forget about it.

16. cat herder

Usually a statement like that means 'why not spend a few dollars more now, it'll save you trouble later' - but the JGS gates are less money than the good name-brand diaphragm style gates. Right now I'm stuck deciding between the 44mm and the 50mm, mainly on the vband-vs.-no-vband issue. I don't think I need a 50mm, but I hate gaskets! :stupid:

17. 302f150

Yeah, replacement diaphragms for a tial are like $50...jgs uses a ss piston....another point for jgs imo