1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

looking for some direction and some guidance

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by gtpwhite, Oct 13, 2010.

1. gtpwhite

This is what i would like to do, i have a 84 camaro and looking on getting some more info on a remote system. this is going to be a budget build at this point.

I know it's not the best setup but i think it's a good place to start. i would later, when funds get built up to do a lsx swap either the 5.3 or 6.0, run the remote setup until i build better turbo setup later.

It has a 305 in it now i figure i could run nitrous but to gain the 100 to 200, but i hate filling bottles so this won't work for me, i was looking at a mp t76 but unsure what a/r to run .81 or .61 i don't really care if i don't have boost down low but i do want it to spool.

does my exhaust sound ok for this setup the car has now shorty headers to a 2 1/4 true duals but i would y them into a 3inch where the cat was then 3inch to the turbo. wrapped or ceramic coated.

i want to buy the turbo once (dumb i know) what ar would be ok for the 305 at low boost but work/turned up for a 5.3 or 6.0 later down the road?

i would like to see 10 with the lsx. from what i have read on here with some forged pistons and rod bolts i could see 6-700 hp and i would be in the 10's in theory(ls).

if i'm misinformed please fill me in.

thanks in advance

Jed

2. mog-10

i know you will need a smaller turbo then if you had in on your manifold because you lose a lot of heat that drives the turbo when it is that far away. i think that some one has done someting like this over on thirdgen.org you may want to look over thir and ask around good luck :2thumbs:

3. gtpwhite

i know sts put the t76 on the gto's and camaros a few on you tube but who knows how true? there a guy on craigslist thats selling his kit for a 4th gen and it's a 80mm.

i'll take a look on thirdgen to see what i can find. i found some of the trucks are using them also but using a .70 ar and seeing boost by 3700 now has the same turbo but with a 6.0, another was a 4.8 and was able to get 500hp stock form.

i think could be happy with around 4-500 until i could afford better stuff.

4. 68mustang

youd want like a 65-70mm turbo with a .68-.90 ar housing for the 305 and probably something bigger for the 6.0. right now id get a masterpower 70mm with a .68 turbiine housing and maybe you could get away with the same turbo and a .96 housing on the 5.3 or 6.0