1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo/supercharge conversion

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by mustarrosa, Apr 18, 2004.

1. mustarrosa

Hey folks, I am in the process of some major work on my '03 Cobra and need to know if anyone else knows if I can use an intake off of a 1999 Mustang Cobra to put on my '03. I am planning to take off the whole Eaton setup. I plan to replace it with a HP twin turbo and need an intake. I have access to a 1999 Cobra and am also planning to put the Eaton Supercharger system on the 1999... This should all fit up right?

2. foxstanggt

I guess you missed this "FEEDBACK regarding experiences with turbo kits, turbo companies and any other products.
    NO NEW QUESTIONS go in here!!!!"

3. mustarrosa

Well shoot me.....but I really need help here and when I get the HP kit insalled and should be soon...I will surely let this forum know how it went...and if anyone has the answer...I'll let eveyone know if it fits or not..HELP..not flame

4. foxstanggt

no flame intended, and you might get more replies and answers if it was in say the "Main Tech Forum"... I'm trying to help ya out, and i dont think the 03 and 01's intakes are interchangable, but i'll leave that to someone who has done it..

5. mustarrosa

Well thanks and I saw the no new message when I posted but this is a preemptive question with a followup post on a twin turbo setup bought and will be delivered soon. So there is more to come and I just wanted to get interest out there since the kit is coming from HP,,one of the advertisers on this site and I do need help with the swap. If it is more in keeping with the format...then I will leave it to the moderators to decide to move this post.

6. tommyhil4_6

01 cobra manifold won't match up thats why procharger uses a custom sheet metal manifold for it and the conversion for a eaton from an 03 to a 01 is very costly. Alot of fabbing has to be done, there are folks that have done it but it aint cheap. One way you can do it is have the stock eaton hollowed i believe or contact procharger and see if they will just sell you the manifold itself.

Thomas

BTW when do you think your kit will show up? I bought mine almost 3 months ago and I haven't heard anything from them, accept when "I" call....

7. mustarrosa

It has been over 5 months and supposed to ship this week but been told that since last month. I have replies from a few who say that there is no fabs. to several fabs. to be made but that it can be done. I will see when I take it all apart and hopefully real soon.

bridal-shoal