1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thumbs up for PTK customer service...

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Dave88LX, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Dave88LX

I bought my Gen 1 kit I guess it's called back in January of 2003. PTK-FS58. When it shipped, the intercooler was damaged in transit, one of the ears got bent in. Being Military I've had a bunch of Temporary Duties over the spring, summer and fall and just never seemed to get to the UPS place to get it back to them. I brought it with me down to the Pro Turbo Kits open house a couple weeks ago, since I was going there anyways. I talked with Keith, who was originally going to take that and build a new one and send it to me, but noticed he had another one sitting there of the same one I had, so he gave me that one to take back home with me.

A year after I got my kit, still taking care of customers.

Just wanted to publicly thank you for your great service!

Dave

2. papis408w

PTK5.8

I've got the same kit FS58. I haven't installed it yet , waiting on some good weather. What size motor are you using? Keep me posted on how well your kit installs and runs. Thanks and good luck!!!!

3. Dave88LX

5.8 ;)

j/k. I'm running a 357. '69 block, stock '69 crank/polished & shotpeened rods, Most likely Probe 22cc pistons, ported D0OE heads, Spyder intake, Turbonetics T-76 (bit big, but I'll have the turbo I need later when I get more money to do the engine over again with better stuff).

Trying to finish up this 383 LT1 rebuild first though. Damn money! LOL good luck with your project!

4. papis408w

hey Dave my friend has a set of stock length h beam rods for a 351w if yout interested

5. ricky

hey dave , you have not put that spyder intake to use yet?lol this is ricky from beaumont.with the cobra, remember me? guess what, i'm gone turbo also, t76 ptk setup for the cobra, give me an email when you get this,later.

6. Dave88LX

Hey Wassup Ricky! Naw I haven't put it to use yet :( It's got plans though! :D

PTK T-76 setup eh? Sweeeeeet! I'm still piecing this Firebird back togother, and I'm leaving to New York in ~2 months, so when I get back I should be starting in on the Coupe :D

7. papis408w

where in NY are you going?I'm 5 mins from NYC

8. yellow5.0cobra

IM IN QUEENS!

Bring all the free shit u can, i will need it all!

:D

9. ShaneH

And now PTK's service should only get better since Keith has hired Rick Irvine(formerly of Livernois Motorsports and Dan Millen's crew chief) to manage the shop operations.

10. Snipe656

Why did they not hire you Shane?

11. papis408w

yellow50cobra are you going to Englishtown in May for 1st FFW?

12. yellow5.0cobra

I hope so!

Im waiting on a couple parts and a new/used PRO-M(cal'd 42's)

Then I am waiting for the EECTUNER to come in.

Pete:D

Are you going?

13. papis408w

I'm trying to see if I have time to install my kit and get it dyno'd in time. I've been very busy plus I hurt my back at work so I've been on disability. Sucks that it was my back cause if it was a leg or something else where I could still move freely than I could've installed it taking my time:( .Maybe a couple of shots of Bacardi and I'll have at it:D

swap meet is coming up first maybe you can pick up the stuff you need

14. papis408w

lets get steedajeff and go down w/ the crew

15. yellow5.0cobra

Yea IM DEF going to the SWAP MEET!

I KNOW i will find the crap I need there!

:D

16. papis408w

good hunting!!They should put all the Ford stuff on one side that way we don't have to go all over to find stuff. I hate when I finally see some ford stuff and the guy says Oh yeah I just sold that for xxx amount (meaning cheap as hell but not for you because you got here late).

17. Dave88LX

I'm going to Utica I think it is, the old Griffiss Air Base, industrial park now, for 3-4 months.

bridal-shoal