1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thumbs down for PTK customer service

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Will Evers, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Will Evers

Customer Service, Pro turbo Kits? What a JOKE!! They screwed with me so bad, wait till you see my thread. Hey Keith remember me, its time for the truth to come out. I got the money back through my credit card for the turbocharger I paid for and you never sent. Soon enough my friends, my lawyer will review what im gonna post and im gonna give it to PTK good. Stay tuned.

2. Pro Turbo Kits

Thumbs up for PTK customer service...(split)

I remember you, I never forget a person that has selective memory, misrepresents themselves and is not always thruthful!

We have Hundreds of SATISFIED CUSTOMERS, you are not one of them.

I will be reading what you post with great anticipation, you better have a lawyer read it before you post it, is all I have to say.

The truth is hard for you based on past experiences with you.

I chose not to challenge the credit card refund to move on , I have real honest customers, but please do me a favor and post some nonsense, so we can let a court decide once and for all!

Keith

PS: How is that PTK working out , that you refused to send back?

3. papis408w

he stayed with the kit?

4. Snipe656

I split this out of Daves thread.

5. gotageta5oh

According to his profile he has a PTK "Drag Radial" kit in his car...

But maybe he just forgot to update that. I guess I am trying to stir things up a bit. :D

Seems like no matter what company you look at there is always a group of people that love them company, and their is always others that think the same company totally sucks. I think for the most part companies do the best they can given the circumstances they have to deal with (outside vendors).

:drama:

6. Snipe656

That is true to a point, some of the past failed companies were notorious(sp?) with lying to people, telling them what they wanted to hear so they left the convo happy but days/weeks/months later it turns out to be not true and the customer is back to being mad.

7. gotageta5oh

I agree totally. Guess that is why most of those companies are a thing of the past. I have been watching this market for a few years and seen companies come and go. But things do seem to be better that they were 3 or 4 years ago.

8. Will Evers

Keith, you chose not to fight the charge back because you knew you would lose. It wasn't worth your time to fight a losing battle and look like even more of a fool.
    Court, Judge, lawyer come on, lets be real here. You ran when you were reported to the BBB and they tried contacting you, never mind a court. You knew how serious I was, you wouldnt even accept my calls. You were running scared, when ever I called I got a different story. "Keith is at lunch, Keith is taking care of business" You tried turning it on me, accusing me of "posing as a dealer". Your company is built on deceit, I've talked to so many people who experienced the same stuff as I did.

Thanks for asking about the kit, it is great, I never contested that. If you would have sent me the turbocharger within 3 months of the expected date I would have no complaints. Lets see, I ordered it 09-05-03, never recieved the turbocharger, or the refund. I've finally recieved the money back through the credit card (this is april of 04, 6 months later). You did offer to take the kit back, after I had already installed everything except the Turbo itself. Did you really expect me to remove everything, pack it up, pay for the shipping costs and start all over with another kit? Lets get real now, I ordered the turbocharger myself (the one that you for some reason had so much trouble getting) and just disputed the charge with my credit card company. Much easier, I must say. I had to order it direct because I kept getting the run around from you. It looks like as if your company was in pretty bad shape for a while, looks like you didn't have to money to order the turbocharger for my kit that I had already paid for and also didnt have the money to send me back for the turbocharger that you never ordered(something that you offered to do and never came through with). Sorry man, we all experience tough times but your problems arent mine. Its your job to deal with them

Hopefully you got your act together, maybe my advise on customer service will save your company. Looks like as if it may, Greg is no longer sales....hey that reminds me, you told me that he was being moved to tech because and I quote you here "this isnt the first time this is happening". Good job, a step in the right direction Keith. Congradulations. Now you have new people taking care of business there, good job again. I hope this is a lesson learned. You really dont want to screw anymore customers that are willing to write down everything that happened on a daily basis. It could be the end of a horror show called Pro Turbo Kits. Like I said Keith, "customer service, it will make or break a company" Lets hope you have straightened yourself out.

My lawyer will be reviewing the whole story. Isnt it great that we have a constitution allowing us to speak out. I guarantee that everything I will post is going to be 100% ture and completly accurate. I have even saved your e-mails, I can post those so you dont have to reply. Your side of the story will be out as well, I will save you some time with that.

Have a nice day, Keith.

9. Snipe656

Did I read that right and you never got the turbo so you disputed the charge for the kit and turbo? Or was it just disputing the charge on the turbo itself?

10. 92FivePointSlow

Yea, I am confused as well. The way I read it, he backcharged the entire thing. It appears Keith requested the kit back, which Will never sent back, nor paid for. Appears to me that this "Will Evars" is the crook here.

11. Will Evers

Sorry for the confusion guys, I charged back the amount that Keith offered to refund me for the turbo itself. I paid for the kit in full via credit card and charged back only the amount which Keith offered to refund me for the turbo itself.

Keith offered to give me a refund on the turbo, he didnt come through. He also offered to take the kit back and give me a full refund after it was already installed, how could I trust that he will infact refund me the money for the entire kit when I couldnt trust him refunding me the money for just the turbo?

If anyone wants the entire story and time line, just ask.
    This content is protected

12. 92FivePointSlow

I think everyone is curious for the whole story. Would you be able to put it up here?

13. Will Evers

Just email me with your email addresses, ill send you the whole thing. Keith cant take people talking badly about his company, he says that he has hunderds of happy customers and it is unfair that I speak out against his company. He says I can damage his business, boo hoo. So untill my lawyer reviews it, it will not be posted. I will however email it to anyone who reqests it, including you Keith so if you want it, just ask. He doesnt realize there is a first amendment that allows to voice out stories and opinions about anything.

This content is protected

14. Pro Turbo Kits

Will,

I do not remember ever posting on this or any other forum that people should not post their opions or experiences!

What I posted was that if you do post your experiences Will, make sure your post is factual.

If your story is 100% TRUE, why do your LAWYER(S) need to read it 1st????

I am glad you kept your e-mails, I do as well. The comments I made to you about our service is not anyhting new, I have made that comment to many people, we have been trying to get our service to match our products since day oneat PTK.

As I told you or many other people reguarding Greg, we will and have made the changes required to offer a better customer service experience to all our customers. many of the problems blammed on Greg are not his fault, if anybody is to blame it is me, I am the final authority regaurding any matters involving PTK.

The only way these kits will be less expensive is to grow as a kit company which we have been doing and there are bumps in the road to get there, but we will get there.

What was the wait on turbo kit prior to PTK in the business ? 5-12 months is what I remember, what is it now in the industry? 4-8 weeks, the innovaters in any industry are always the most attacked, not a problem, for every 1 customer that is not 100% happy we have 10 that are very happy!

We have and will continue to try to eliminate the unhappy customers, but it almost impossible.

By August/September 2004, you will be able to order a kit and it will ship in 7 business days from PTK, details comming soon.

Glad you like the product.

Keith

15. Will Evers

You didnt post that I shouldnt post my experience, you just failed to give me my money back due to it. My story is 100% factual, the only reason I was going to have him look at it is because you keep threatening court. Hopefully you will be able to ship a kit within 7 days of ordering it in the future, however that wasnt the problem. The poblem was that I was lied to so many times. Look at it from my point of view, you had me waiting for UPS daily expecting a turbo, one day it was "waiting for a thrust bearing" one day it was on its way to my house, another it was on its way to you and you'd be shipping it directly to me. This was while it hadnt even been ordered. If you cant get a turbo, fine, tell me you are waiting for it. Tell me that it hadnt been ordered, just tell me the truth. You know I was able to order it, why couldnt you? You told me you were haveing problems getting it in the end and offered to send me the money for it and you didnt. Instead you accused me of posing as a dealer and taking a $700 discount while the discount was for making it air to air instead of air to water. Hopefully you are past those bumps in the road now, its a shame you werent when I had ordered my kit. It almost seems genuine that you care now and want your service to match your product, the only problem is that this was the same way I felt months ago when you were lying to me. Only time and your future customers will tell. Its a shame we had to go through all of that nonsence, I could have had several kits sold for you. I had 2 shops that were going to become dealers, they were looking for a good prduct in which we found. If things went as planned, your business would have grown for sure. Better luck in the future.

16. tommyhil4_6

Seems like Keith has better Customer service then mustangwarehouse!!! :p

17. deevoc

Alright, this doesn't seem like all that big of a deal. You got the kit and not the turbo (which most people seem to order separately anyways). So you stopped payment on the turbo after having issues and all is well :shrug:. Sometimes you have to take the high road with companies, nothing I haven't done before.

I feel like this ranks as mild compared to most of the horror stories posted in this forum . . . .

Not defending PTK cause getting the "run-a-round" is never fun, but still . . . .

18. Will Evers

There is absolutely no reason for me to have to file a dispute with my credit card. I didnt order it seperatley, i ordered and paid for it together. For that to last 6 months is just wrong.

19. davidl340

I don't know all the details, but I will say that PTK has typically done me pretty well.

BUT, I can also understand your fears of posting your emails etc... if court threats have been mentioned, then I understand you having a lawyer look over it, just out of plain fear and playing it safe. As long as the truth is posted, then there are no worries of slander (2 lawyers confirmed this).

Glad to hear it is resolved, too bad it had to be in this manner though.

Wish I made my order from MustangWarehouse with a credit card, might have avoided all the crap I'm going though :D

20. kwikrnu

Don't think so. I ordered a basic kit for a stock 1991 ford mustang 5.0 on 4-27-04. I called them on 6-25-04 and Dalton said that my kit hadn't even been started yet. Needless to say I wanted my $1992 deposit returned immediately. PTK refused to refund my complete deposit. From what I can tell PTK, otherwise known as pro turbo kits, inc, use misleading sales tactics to lure potential customers and then when kits don't arrive they start making up excuses.

It is hard to eliminate unhappy customers when your business practices are not ethical.

That is a pretty big promise I hope your company the best. In fact that is the main reason I ordered my kit from you guys in the first place. I figured a company that is going to sell and deliver kits in 7 days can surely get one to me in 6-8 weeks...:rolleyes:

bridal-shoal