1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Throttle Body / TPS question for custom race setup

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Remote Booster, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Remote Booster

ok i need a bit of help on the 86-1993 accufab 105mm TB andTPS... i am geting a custom elbow made for the intake for my """2002 4.6""" mustang and i need to know what TB i will be useing BF i get it made.... i want to know if the tps on the older 5L has the same Range as the 4.6 TPS? if it dose or dose not, will the pcm have any prob that it is not a 4.6 style TPS ?????

help help :bang:

2. TurboShortBus

TPS is TPS is TPS. 0-5V. All of the same basic rules apply...shoot for 0.98V with the throttle closed, and greater than 4.6V at WOT. Make sure that the butterfly truly goes to WOT. The 3 wires are 5V+ continuous, ground, and signal. TBs all open 90* anyway.

I'm running a Fox TPS on my 2004 Cobra engine with a Fox-type computer. As long as those 3 circuits are the same, the ECU has no idea what TB is up there, nor does it care.

Mark

3. Remote Booster

Thanks mark. I hope that this helps any one that is doing a custom build I know that that iit is going to help me....

Kris