1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thrasher's 93 turbo fox fr500's diy 331 t70 wolfe roll bar update 3/11

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by clean93fox, Jan 22, 2009.

1. clean93fox

homebuilt 93 lx

whats up guys my name is tom thrasher awesome website! came acorss it about 4 years ago and was hooked ever since that day! i wanted to build one and 4 years later i did. its a 93 lx 130k miles stock long block with downs boxed intake and mls head gaskets 255 intake t-rex, 42lb injectors shitty s/s hot side with 62-1 turbonetics turbo, 50mm tial bov and 38mm wastegate with the 13lb spring in it. i finshed building it couple months ago just before i had my son so it worked out good. [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

intake pipe and bov flange
    [​IMG]#ad

made the intercooler brakcets out of s/s on my uncles press brake
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

275 mickey t's.
    that mostly it ill try to get more pics up i gotta put my 3550 in the stang and i just gotta get some 31 spline axles so i can rebuild my rear end. i probly put 1500miles on it runs mint just gotta get it tuned. i havent been wot but i have made 11psi a little past 1/2 throttle so im pretty pumped how it coming not even close to being done just need some time. thanks for lookin

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  2. ZStang

Re: my 93 turbo fox fr500's

Nice and sleek. Only thing missing is the underhood paint but otherwise, it's Tits! :cheers:

3. clean93fox

once i blow up the motor im gunna yank it out and smooth the engine bay and get it painted and hide all the wires and make it nice. when the weather is nice i drive it everyday

4. Ackbar00

Nice Job :2thumbs:

5. 91redmustang

What size is that intercooler, having any problems with the PS lines hitting it?

6. 91redmustang

Or are you removing the PS? I see they are not there in one of the pics.

7. clean93fox

i belive the intercooler is 31x12x4 and i removed the p/s line that was in the front bumper im sit running power steering

8. franktf

Nice looking ride/project.....

9. clean93fox

got some more pics of the build some more detialed specs. its a stock long block 302 downs boxed upper ported gt40 lower 75mm p/p throttlebody.fuel system consist of 255 intank t rex pusher pump 42lb injectors with pro-m flowtube.i bought the hot side off ebay not too impressed with the quality.when i blow this motor i plan on doing a 357 and build my own hotside. bought the intercooler and piping from ebay all 3" aluminum from trubo to throttle body.for electronics i have the msd btm and msd 2 step wideband a/f gauge boost water temp oil pressure and soon to be egt. the turbo is a turbonetics 62-1 with .81 exhaust housing with p trim turbine i belive.transmision is a 3550 with centerforce d/f clutch aluminum driveshaft and the rear end is going to be outfit with 327 gears 31spline axles and diff. its got hotchicks upper and lower control arms,comp engineering subframes and going to be installing wild rides battle box reinforcements. the motor has 130k on it. i took it down to the shortblock installed arp head studs mls head gaskets and put everything back together.its holding up good so far i have put about 1500miles on it since i finshed the build.it doesnt overheat and i have never had a problem with driveability. im going to start makin some plates to cover the bottoms of the inner fenders ill post some pics of them when i get them done
    [​IMG]#ad

first time i welded aluminum came out pretty good ill get some better pics of the welds this week
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

airfilter i made out of s/s screen i got from home depot
    [​IMG]#ad

welded a extra 02 bung for the wideband not installed yet
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

moved the wires into the inner fender
    [​IMG]#ad

hot parts
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

the dirveway were u put it together
    [​IMG]#ad

interior shot
    [​IMG]#ad

some goodies :D
    [​IMG]#ad

my bedroom at my parents house
    [​IMG]#ad

im a plumber by trade this is the heating system we did at my dad house
    [​IMG]#ad

when it had welds on it
    [​IMG]#ad

this is my other car/winter car 98' volvo s70 t-5 its a turbocharged 5 cyl with 18psi intercooled 225hp stock.
    all in all this is just the start of the madness. im pretty pumped how its coming out considered im only 20 years old. ill get some more pics soon

10. svtpwr02

got a good start

11. 91redmustang

Thanks on the intercooler specs... Man, love that color combo and the fr500s top it off :bow:

12. rednotchtub

yo real nice lx it looks good black and gray with the black fr500 wheels and it must go great

13. slow8.0

Cool !!! Nice car. I dont think the headers look that bad. Do they fit like shit or something>?

14. clean93fox

too thin i was preping the headers to install them and one of the primary tubes cracked so i had to weld it fit sucked too had to tweek alot of things

15. .347_stang

congrats on the build up :)

When are you planning on getting it tuned?

16. clean93fox

i plan on gettin it tuned at dez racing in the spring time i just gotta rebuild the rear end and its good to go

17. domn8rx

Looks good and your plan to build your own kit later will be a good one. We had that same kit, worked good for a while but had problems, then hurt the motor. When we changed the motor we built our own kit and smoothed the engine bay. That kit will teach you a lot. Good luck!!!

john

18. Turbo Matt

Curious as to who made the hotside? Is it the Treadstone piece?

19. domn8rx

TFX, Vecco and Treadstone were all the same

john

20. clean93fox

its a treadstone knock off ebay special would of never bought it if i knew they stole the design from b&g. im gunna take the drivers side fender off soon and start hiding some wires so i can make some steel pieces to smooth out the engine bay ptob make them out of 1/8th steel. thanks for the comments guys