1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Those of you with oil coolers...

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by boostedfoxbody, Nov 11, 2004.

1. boostedfoxbody

...what brand are you using? Also what size is req'd for a 700hp motor? Pics of an install would be nice too :tu:

Thanks in advance. :tu:

2. boostedfoxbody

3. Hotrod406

That thing looks a little small. Jegs sells this one http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=109785&prmenbr=361 without the install kit for about 50 bucks. It comes with 1/2 npt female threads so you can run real lines instead of rubber. I ran mine with -08 lines. Here is a pic. It is on the driver's side, transmission cooler is on the left.

It is fairly large, 11x8.5x1.5 I think.

4. Disney Lincoln

I am running the Summit Combo cooler, oil and transmission cooler in one.

I personally dont think a cooler is needed at 700hp. I dont think it is really a hp related issue. I got one to cool the oil before it hits the turbos since I dont haev water going to them.

the onles you listed seem fine. I think any cooler will do the job so long as it isn't too small and creates a restriction.

5. boostedfoxbody

A friend recommend one of these..http://www.fluidyne.com/pl_theoc.html...(specifically #DB-30417). The only issue I have is the price is a little steep for me ($272.00 - Summit Racing).

I'm looking at one on eBay right now that's similar in design to the Fluidyne. Hopefully I can get for less than $80.00...wish me luck.

6. smokehouse_83

Go to the junkyard and find a cooler out of a first gen rx7, they are really bad ass coolers and you can probally get them for next to nothing. They look like a small intercooler.

7. boostedfoxbody