1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

This is what a 730whp car looks like when your converter stalls to 2400rpm!

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by cherrybombta, Sep 2, 2008.

1. cherrybombta

The burnout was fun but the rest sucks. I have already shipped the converter back to the place that built it to get it restalled. I asked for it to be a little tighter but this converter is stupid tight. I'm hoping it stalls somewhere between 4000-4500 when I get it back! Heres the link to the vid

http://vimeo.com/1649055

I short shifted at 5700rpm. the mph was 139.7 so I hope with higher shift points and a good sixty the mph will pick up. My 1/8 mph was only 106mph.

2. xr8tt

Was there any 2 step or anti lag ECU program ??
    Trans brake etc?? Sounds like it needs some sorting in these area's too ??

3. Drlee50

looks like my car at the track last time out LOL!

4. jayl

i have this strange feeling my cobra is going to imitate that pass! lol

5. cherrybombta

There is a transbrake. There is no reason I should need a two step or a ecu program. It is carbed and with the previous converter I could build 7 pounds on the foot brake and 20 plus in 2-3 secs on the brake! The converter justs needs to be loosened up!

6. WTFWSAT

I could be wrong but i thought one of the reasons for a two step was to bring the rpm's up on the brake to just before the converter flashes ?

Chris

7. ddv005

no workie for me

8. JoNasty

Link be dead????? :bang:

9. turbofalcon65

10. cherrybombta

11. DBEAU2

Man you didn't hit real boost till about 100ft out. A 2 or 3 step will help you get into boost on the starting line and pick you up. What was your 60'?

12. Project X

Who's the sexy dude in the white shirt beside the white truck at the 330'

You'll get that Chivy figured out with the looser converter. :chacha:

13. cherrybombta

Borrowed Ians a friend of mines converter the car spools in 5 secs on the brake to 10 pounds. It is way better I am super pumped!

14. GOAT8U2

Curious what the 60ft was on that run, that was a dogg but great MPH for a 12 second run. :eek:

4500 with boost might be way too much and probably too loose even if you shift at 6400 etc.

What RPM does the car reach full boost?

Have you figured out the efficiency yet, try it out here. Just because it's tight down low doesn't always mean it will be up top.
    http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TechInfo/Calculators.asp#4