1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thinking of swapping from blower to turbo ...

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Bearster18, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Bearster18

Ok guys engine is out getting built so I can pursue my goal of 600rwhp pushing thru my little s trim. I had a local cobra guy offer me his new turbo hot side for $300. Pretty nice setup. I already have a nice intercooler , Tial BOV, and cold side setup on my car as it stands.

So if I was to proceed and buy his setup. I know I'd need a turbo which I'd probably end up with a 76mm . Also need a wastegate ? Drain and supply oil lines ? What else would I need to get it in and going ? Also downpipe from turbo to cat back .

Think I could get that hot side and associated parts for a grand or less? Just curious before I like my credit card go stupid . Hahaha.

This is the hot side

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]#ad

2. TurboMatt

I say do it. I switched from a Novi 2000 to turbo and definately don't regret it.