1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Single or twins. 383

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by 66Notch, Jan 11, 2011.

1. 66Notch

Im building a 383 and have a couple different options for the chargers. I am able to use either 2 hx35s or a single k31. Im looking at making around 6-700 hp. This engine will also be hooked to a n a833 4speed. Which choice will get me my hp goal and not over work the turbos? Yes ive searched.

2. CUUDAK

You can get an idea of my build and go from there!! I chose a large single but it may be easier to go 2 smaller turbos due to downpipe size!

Here is where it started,

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=119353

And here,

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144087.0

Good luck!!

3. mpi_duster

The HX35's have the ability to reach those numbers, but i think you may out flow them. The link in my signature will show you how to calculate flow in Lb/min for you specific application. With that you can plot it on the flow maps for the turbos that you're looking at to determine if they will or won't work. In a perfect world you want to be in the center most efficiency plain the whole way through your wide open rpm range. When calculating for the twins don't forget to half your numbers, basically do it per head/bank since that's all either turbo will see.

4. jfive

Look for a single HX55 or HX60. Should be able to get to your goal with one of these. If you know of a big rig junkyard just look for a 11 liter to 9 liter diesel for a turbo. One with a T6 will help with your inlet on the exhaust. Good luck.

5. Anthony Fury

WHAT KIND OF CAR is this going in?

6. 66Notch

Itll be going into a 29 dodge sedan. I guess realistically im looking for around 500-600 hp.

7. CUUDAK

Wow! Talk about no room! You gonna mount it in the back?

8. 66Notch

I wont be running a hood or fenders so ill have plenty of room up front for both chargers