1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Short runner intake for turbo 03?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by ZACHS97, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ZACHS97

I'm still slowly making progress on my 03 cobra. Would shortening the runners of the intake be a good idea? How much should I shorten them? Can anyone give me some tips on how to do this? Its a mach 1 intake btw. The intake has already been ported and will have a spacer too. The car has an auto with a 3500 stall so I'm not worried about low end power. I would like to see gains from about 4k or 4500+ . If the rest of the set up matters...76mm q trim master power turbo, 98 cobra cams, cleaned up 03 heads with a 5 angle valve job, comp springs, and the supporting fuel system.

2. gryphon68

3. 99TTGT

4. ZACHS97

I wish, but I can't afford a sullivan. I have already done some port work to my intake and am interested in making a short runner myself.

5. Excessive Motorsports

Making a short runner with an 01 intake is not very easy. It is better to go with a Sullivan, than try and do it yourself or pay someone else.

6. ZACHS97

Can't get a sullivan...lol. Can no one just give me some tips on how to do it? Sullivan also requires redoing the cold side piping of making a custom hat to accept the stock tb location. I'm not willing to do that. My intake is off and already ported. Just considering shortening the runners. After I get some tips on how to do it I'll decided if its too much of a pita or not.

7. Excessive Motorsports

You have to cut the bottom of the intake open and shorten the runners from the inside. It is nothing like the process on a B-headed Shortrunner.

8. blk mk8

do some searches there are plenty of short runner intakes that people did at home you can copy or get ideas from.

9. bdmach1

10. Excessive Motorsports

11. bdmach1

I just look at it as one more place to throw money at!!!!!! :doh: They're money pits anyway!!!! :D