1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thinking about buying a roll cage tubing bender, suggestions??

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by TDmkr496, Jan 14, 2016.

1. TDmkr496

I am about to install roll cages in both of my cars so I'm thinking about buying a tubing bender. I have been thinking about a JD2 model 32 but wanted to see if anyone had any input. Also, any suggestions as to where you bought it would help as well.

2. Mrich0908

I just purchased the JMR Ultra few months back. Its just like the JD2 but a little beefier.
    You may want to look into it if you would like to go above 2 inches in diameter.
    Im a machinist so I can make the dies my self . The dies cost as much or more than the bender. My advice for some one who is looking to purchase multiple dies is do not and out source to a machine shop . They should be able to make them at a third of the price.
    But all in all its a great tool to have . Its one of those tools that you really do not realize how much it can do untill you have it.

3. flyinhillbilly

I have a Woodward fab, a lot like a JD2 but the dies and follower are steel rather than aluminum. I've used the hell out of it and really like it, and as a side benefit, I gat pretty beefy from pulling on the lever every time I build a cage.

4. Chuck L

The JD2 I have does NOT have alum dies. Works great. Have had it for near 20 yrs. [Air over hyd option.]

5. djchunter

My buddy just bought one from eastwood and loves it. Its manual and can take a little motivation to get it going but it works like a dream.

6. flyinhillbilly

You're right, it has aluminum follower blocks. My bad.

7. TDmkr496

I'm about to pull the trigger on a JD2. I have two cars that I want to put cages in, so I figure it will pay for itself by then.