1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

thinking about a procharger for my 67

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by piper, Sep 22, 2004.

1. piper

was looking at the supercharger store to perhaps buy a Procharger

I have a newly rebuilt 440 but compression ratio is 9.8:1

How much boost can I run

I am new to the whole supercharger concept

any thoughts

2. 67net440

Seems like more compression than you need. Is that actual? do a compression check. I was at about 9:1 And I'm running a total of 6psi @ 6000rpm. That works out (according to a book I have) to 12.75:1
    The book is called Supercharging, Turbocharing and Nitros Oxide. It is a very good book if you are getting into boosting. If you are looking at pre-fabbed kits for BB Mopars be ready to spend about $3500 or more. Not including, fuel system, carb prep, Guages and sensors. I did my own for about $2500 including all of the above. Good luck it is really a good way to go.

3. piper

i didn't calculate the added cost

i spoke with the fellow at the nats from the super charger store

I was under the impression I was going to be around 2500 when it all said and done.

i'll check out that book

thanks for the info

4. 67net440

is that for a 671 style blower or a Centrifugal style. The big Roots stlye are somewhat cheaper.