1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Think I found the perfect turbo let me know please ASAP

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Machwon1, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Machwon1

Ok so I am running a 351C flows a hell of alot of air stock. It is a 9.5compression with a cam in the 520lift its basicallyy a 350hp-400hpNA motor. Here are the specs I am looking at for single turbo set up want to run in the 11's (11.7 and faster)

Here are all the specs I have on it. let me know if this will work good.

Compressor A/R = .66 Turbine A/R = 1.33

- Compressor wheel Inducer dia = 62 mm

- Turbine wheel Inducer dia = 78 mm

- Compressor Inlet = 4 inch / Outlet = 3.2 inch

- Turbine Inlet is a T6 flange / Outlet = 3.25 inch I.D. V-band

2. Ugly_On_Purpose

Do you know the compressor exducer size? The 62mm inducer is about the same as a mpt61 turbo. I don't know if that is a good turbo for you if that is the case. A t61 sized compressor with a t6 1.33 a/r turbine doesn't sound like the perfect turbo to me.

3. Machwon1

o ya sorry about that the exducer is 94mm. Will this support the 400-450 to the wheels? And be good to about 6000-6200

4. reamo04

why go with a turbo like that when your only looking for 450ish at the wheels?

just run a t70 or a s400 and be done with it.

5. Ugly_On_Purpose

Compared to MP t61 and t62 turbos, sure it will work to meet your hp goal. Of course I know nothing of the turbo in question other than what info you've given, so don't take that as 100% truth. With the 1.33 a/r turbine it will spool like a huge turbo, and will most likely be very slow to build boost so if you feel you can live with that then give it a try and let us know how it works out. But for what it's worth I have an engine of similar displacement (360) and would NOT run this turbo.