1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

supercharger to turbo

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 808svt, Oct 24, 2013.

1. 808svt

Hey, I'm Bryan from Florida. I own a couple Mustangs and my current project car is a '87 notch mustang. I bought the car about two years ago and slowly started buying parts to turn it into my version of the perfect car. He is the garage with the cars.

[​IMG]#ad

This is the wife's '13

[​IMG]#ad

Here is a pic of the notch.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

We started with the cooling system, car ran a little to hot. I got rid of the made in China aluminum radiator and replaced it with a Fluidyne with dual Mishimoto fans.

[​IMG]#ad

Next was the Team Z K-member and Flaming River manual rack.

[​IMG]#ad

Rear suspension is all Team Z, Moser axels, Auburn pro diff. Also had the torque boxes welded and reinforced.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I have most of the fuel system.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Next was the wire tuck.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I ordered the weld in Scott Rod panels for most of the engine bay and I'll post pics as they go in.

2. davidjalb

Thats a nice line up in the garage. The one on the right is an SVO it looks like? I'm digging that rear seat delete, where did you get that? Best of luck on the build and keep us updated!

3. castine917

What was the old drivetrain combo? What will the new combo be?

4. 808svt

The rear seat delete is from Scott Rod fabrications. The old combo that came with the car was a fresh 302 with a s trim at 9 psi and a 5 speed. The old set up made 450/430. I'm shooting for 600-700 ith the new set up. The new combo is a 392 backed with a c-4 and a Garrett 76mm. The car on the far side of the garage is a SVO. Not 100% sure what we are doing with it right now. The plan was to rebuild it after the 87 gets done but my health isn't great so I may pass it on to some one that can restore it. The '13 is the wife's. e hope to get Hellion's twin kit for it in the next couple of moths.

5. 91turboterror

Welcome to the forum. Cool project make sure you post a lot of pics . You can alway pass the SVO on to me . Can't wait to see the notch done.

6. castine917

392? I haven't heard much mention of that cubic size in a little while.

7. 808svt

8. nealysa

Hey Brian! You came to the right place to learn about the new project. Enjoy!

9. 808svt

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Sean. Did you end up keeping your car?

10. 808svt

I worked on the car a little bit today. I'm gonna pull the dash tomorrow so I can get rid of the heater box and anything else I don't need. The Scott Rod panels should be here the beginning of next week.

11. Disney Lincoln

Awesome looking project!!! Looks like you know what you are doing!

If you need some help with that Hellion install on the '13, i'll do it in trade for the SVO. :D

12. 808svt

We just decided today to sell the SVO, we need the room in the garage. My engine bay panels shipped today so I need to weld them in and spray the bay. It's going to be a few months before we start on the '13.

13. 808svt

Scott Rod stuff got here today. Also got the frame rails and strut tower covers and firewall.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. 808svt

I got the garage arraigned how I want it now. Not much progress but the Boss (wife) wants it to be done by the end of December so I need to get busy. Tomorrow I'm going to be doing some sheet metal prep and I hope to be done welding by Sunday.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. BlownShovel

The Boss is a keeper....

Looks like a multitude of good parts ready to get hung.

16. 808svt

I finished removing the sway bar mounts and test fit all the panels. I played around with the welder and got it dialed in so tomorrow its time to turn and burn.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. 808svt

Got some work done last couple of days.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

18. 808svt

All I got done today was the passenger side frame rail.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. archy355

looks good man

20. 808svt

Getting a little closer. Almost ready to drop the motor in to mock up the turbo and intercooler brackets.

[​IMG]#ad