1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

THE BOLOGNA PONY

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by CopperCobra, Feb 24, 2011.

1. CopperCobra

Hi everyone...name is Todd

Here is my 93 Cobra clone.

ive had it 8 years and bought it as a race car roller. I have replaced just about everything in the car from when i got it. I do all my own work. I purpose built it for street racing and have a few vids on youtube from a few years ago. :ahah: Now i have a CDL licence and just wanna race at a track.

ive ran a 408w with spray for 4 years straight without having to take the intake off... and running a best of 9.56 in the 1/4.

I have always dreamed of building a turbo setup for my car but just never had the time or money.

Well now i do...

I have been looking on this site for the past few years planning and finding out what my best route is.

well here we go..... :2thumbs:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. CopperCobra

engine made 467rwhp on motor pump gas and 630rwhp on 225hp shot
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. CopperCobra

engine

dss block...rebuilt by PowerHouse Performance in Taunton, MA with wisco pistons -24cc h beam rods, Jegs 245cc kaase heads(NON PORTED), solid roller .700ish lift. Victor intake

freshend up with all new gaskets and upgrade to cometic head gaskets. All bearings look great no need for replace... :2thumbs: New valve springs and valve job
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. 80mmvert

Wow,that car is just plain sexy! Good luck with the build. :cheers:

5. MARIO racing

very cool build :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

6. CopperCobra

engine all refreshed and cleaned. Went with gloss black Intake and valve covers... somthing diff..havent seen much

got a Race Demon removable sleeve carb... anyone know of a place that builds these for blowthru apps. i paid more for it than the cost of a csu blowthru :doh: so im hoping to reuse it or sell for a big loss :bang:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. CopperCobra

driver side header tacked up...not bad for my first time... i will be tig welding all joints later

[​IMG]#ad

a holder for the T6 flange. A good way to have a starting point.
    [​IMG]#ad

starting with the merge pipe so i can locate were the pass side collector needs to be
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. CopperCobra

Does anyone know or have used the Godspeed 60mm wastegate. I herd it uses the same parts as a tial, and if you rebuild with tial parts you save a couple hundred and end up with a good piece

i need to buy a gate and blowoff valve and not sure what to get. Any thoughts on sizes types....thanks :bow:

9. revn351

Very nice car keep the pics of the progress coming. Check with VS about a waste gate,usually they have good deals.

10. 10secgoal

I carry and prefer JGS stuff. 50mm gate and 50mm BOV would work for ya. PM if you like. Don't wanna plug too much in your thread. ;)

11. tt97cobra

Awsome built! love the color!

12. Slo_240sx

Very clean build! Cant wait to see this complete. When it comes to BOV and wastegate dont buy cheap china parts. They are vital parts in a turbo system, a failure of either will be catastrophic. Go with Tial or a JGS :)