1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

slow foxbody build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Mike21, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Mike21

IMG_1765.JPG #ad
    IMG_1765.JPG #ad
    building a street car the kids and I can go play with. The build will be slow b/c I'm redoing my house at the same time. But right now I'm just filling in holes

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. Mike21

Cage pretty much complete might add some bars underneath and up front. Also have most of the fire brake and tin work completed. The fuel cell is mounted but not centered yet. And I have the Minnie tub completed

3. Mike21

Sorry forgot to attach pics

IMG_1784.JPG #ad

IMG_1785.JPG #ad

IMG_1786.JPG #ad

IMG_1787.JPG #ad

4. Mike21

Got the next piece of the puzzle.
    Thanks silver82gt

5. Mike21

6. Mike21

7. silver82GT

Glad to see it arrived safely.

8. Mike21

Yes thanks and a pleasure to do business with

9. Mike21

So I know it is a little late in the build for the specs but here it is.
    Turbo pt88
    Engine dart based 347 w a set of afr that have ported and fitted with a 2.055 valves
    Intake up in the air I have a Vic jr, super Vic, and a box style upper.
    Transmission will be a turbo 400 and I would like to do a gear vendor on it, but don't know enough about them.
    And everything else is pretty straight forward.
    I would like To run high 8 on a radial w e85 and ac.
    I'm going to put a back seat in it so I can take my kids around in it on sundays and have fun. My house should come to an end in about 2 months so I will be able to actually work on the car for a couple of weeks before it's time for Christmas and then my plan is to try and get it together by march.

10. Mike21

It's been a while but here is a New update new pics will come soon.
    After sitting around with no power for a few days after the storm I read silver82gt entire build thread and made some decisions and started moving forward.
    I went ahead and ordered a trz steering column, jba stainless shorty headers, my t4 flange and vbands to go ahead and start laying out and facing up the turbo kit. I already re installed the kmember and going to try to put the heads on the engine and drop her in real quick this weekend. Maybe put her on the ground and drag her outside for a bath real quick bc she is looking rather dirty.

11. Hemann

Looks like a good start on the build.

12. Mike21

Thanks I appreciate it.

13. Mike21

IMG_1928.JPG #ad
    IMG_1930.JPG #ad
    IMG_1931.JPG #ad
    Alright I made the radiator cover removable tonight, and made a lot of room in the garage this week. I'm would of finished tonight except for better hard ware but I ran out of gas and have 2 more welds left and I think I'm going to re tap the holes from 1/4 inch to 3/8.
    Also got my trz steering column, they shipped it right away and it seems like really good quality. I want to try to get the car back on the ground and put the column in it this weekend so hopefully next weekend I'll put the engine in, and nose on so I can start trying to fit all this shit in the engine compartment. I also ordered my intercooler today from race parts solutions and a bunch of other stuff from summit. I'm still trying to find an accessory set up I like, but I want ac, alternator, electric water pump, no power steering and a way to put a evac pump on in the future. Plus i don't want anything to high for looks and nothing to low for the turbo kit lol...

14. Mike21

Got a few parts today and I got the front struts in, and now a party and then hopefully I'll get the rear in tonight. I have to work on the house tomorrow so the steering probably won't get in till Tuesday night.

IMG_1933.JPG #ad

15. Mike21

16. silver82GT

If you read my build thread then you have a pretty good idea what not to do. I think I have made nearly every mistake in the book. Hopefully it helps.

Twin Turbo Skylark likes this.
  17. Mike21

lol I did read the whole thing and I down sized my heads,
    Header tube primaries, and my turbo hot side based on ur thread. Following all ur advice and already plannned on the solid roller. S o thank u for all ur help.

18. Mike21

IMG_1941.JPG #ad
    IMG_1942.JPG #ad
    IMG_1943.JPG #ad
    IMG_1944.JPG #ad

19. Mike21

Got rear in,car on ground an steering column in as far as i can waiting for parts to complete that.

20. silver82GT

If it a solid roller cam you want then I can give you a good deal on a slightly used one. :) Nice car btw.