1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

are homemade turbo setups street legal?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 57t-bird, Mar 10, 2003.

1. 57t-bird

how do you get your turbo kits to be street legal ?
    i know you have to run the exhaust gas from the waste gate back into the exhaust before the cat. but how do you get it inspected ???

2. Forced5

Slip the guy a $20 or so...and off you go...:D

3. WaterPog

In most areas as long as it blows clean they don't care what's under the hood, there are only a few areas outside CA that actually worry about the CARB E.O.#'s and it isn't that hard to get them to pass the sniffer if it's running well.

4. Snipe656

I think some will not like the wastegates dumping to atmosphere, but not care where they went back into the exhaust. Beyond that, what Eric just said.