1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

t3/t4 downpipe size question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by actmobmar, Oct 13, 2010.

1. actmobmar

hello everybody, i have a 383 in my '69 camaro that i am in the process of putting on a pair of t3/t4 hybrids, set up to blow thru a qft blow thru 750. i was wondering if it was worth it for me to run 3" downpipes or would 2.5 be fine, the room is at a premium under the hood, and i think i would need some kind of adapter to go to 3", thanks!

2. Skatefreak

Depends.. What is your HP Goals?

3. actmobmar

650 hp to 750hp

4. Skatefreak

2.5" on twins will easily make that..

5. mnm99

Thats what I have, but can't tell you what HP. There not hooked up yet. LOL

6. tt350chevelle

355 cid, pair of t3\t4 turbos, maxed out the v trim compressors @ 19 psi and made 710 rwhp, through 2.5 inch pipe right from the turbine housing all the way to the rear bumper.

Brad J.

7. actmobmar

nice!!! now i have to figure out what headers to use, my block is at the machinist rite now for a bore to .040, the engine lasted 12 years running 7 psi of boost from a weiand blower