1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TFS-R intake question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by conbread, Oct 14, 2010.

1. conbread

hey guys what do yall think about this setup..

stock bottemend 302
    TFS 170 heads MLS gaskets
    1.6 rockers
    X cam (we have been 6.13 with one)
    TFS-R intake with 1 inch spacer ( the first style not the BOX)
    TC 78mm turbo with around 12-15psi..
    C4 with 3.27 gear
    ultimate converter

just wondering if you guys think the R will be lazy down low, i think it will be a pretty good stock block setup..I will be leaving around 6-8psi of boost.

2. Mike93SVT

i don't think you'll have any problems. i had almost the exact same setup with a t trim and it was pretty good down load but came to life on boost. i think the same would be said with that turbo. may take a sec to get it spooled but will come on like crazy. not too sure about the x cam though. have you considered a f cam at all. little more turbo friendly. i'm no expert, but i think it would be a better match than the x

3. conbread

thanks for the reply Mike.. we had a 302 car with victor jrs, funnelweb, X cam,and csu carb, glide with a 4.10 76mm and that thing ripped..it went 6.13 in the 1/8th.. the only reason im running the X is it is already in the motor, and know it will kill the block haha!!! im sure the F would be a little better but ole well.. thanks for your thoughts on the intake.. :2thumbs:

4. jaredsamurai

look at the specs of the x303 next to the b303. Same cam, just more lift on the x. Both have a 112* LSA. Same [email protected]", same EC, EO, IC, IO etc.. I think its an alright cam for a turbo. People use b cams all day on turbos with success. Just think of it like a B cam with 1.8 rockers :D It'll turn your block into the grand canyon real easy :2thumbs:

5. Mike93SVT

fair enough. i would rock it within a safe measure of boost. should run awesome. i really like the tfs-r intake personally. it flows really well, but has long enough runners to keep some low end tq

6. conbread

well im running a B cam now and it seems to run and make power. so im not going to worry about the (perfect) cam in a stock block..
    Just wondering how the intake would act on the small motor, but i know how boost seems to change everything.. I will have the combo posted up top done soon and will post the results..If it goes faster than my 6.65 from my stock motor i will be happy.. I would like to see some 6.20's out of it, but ole well we will see..