1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Vortech Maxflow Bypass Causing no Vac

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by aCiD, Aug 25, 2010.

1. aCiD

I have a Vortech Maxflow Bypass (http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product_variation.php?pvk=137) and it's working properly in every way, except when the car is idling or out of the throttle I don't read any vacuum since the gauge has been installed. If you pinch off the vac line to it, my gauge inside then reads the normal amount of vac.

Is this normal for this BOV or in general or is something wrong with it?

Thanks.

2. aCiD

No one with any ideas on this?

3. furchaser

Where is it referenced to ?

4. aCiD

Like where does the vac gauge tap into my vac lines?

5. furchaser

Both .. do you have them hooked together ? or seperate. and where on the intake.

6. aCiD

Ohhh... basically everything is sharing one common vac source from the intake.

Should the BOV have its own direct source from the intake, and everything else be separate?

7. aCiD

8. The Notch

Yes, And if it isnt making any vac on the guage, and it does when you pinch off the vac line to valve then you must have either a leak in the vac line before the pinch or you have a leaking valve.

9. aCiD

Damn, I would tend towards a leaking BOV then.

How do I inspect this? Is there a new seal kit or something I can get for it if that is the problem?

10. 79fairmont

Take the line off of it blow thru it if you can it's leaking.