1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

testing the 4 cylinder, 4/6/12 new best 10.9 at 119mph

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by stangman93, Dec 31, 2011.

1. stangman93

Got my first full pass with my new car which was very fun! The goal for this set up is to get to about 9000rpm with boost in the mid to upper 30's. This pass I shifted the car at 7400 and was running 18lbs of boost. It ran a 11.4 at 117mph. Its a good starting point and I got some great data. My shifter solenoid wasn't working so I was shifting blind. :doh: I wanted to shift at 7800 rpm. I will get that sucker fixed and continue to make progress.

http://youtu.be/P_5_d_chz5o

Here is the last run of the night. I was running next to a 2011 GT500. He had a 2.8 Kennebell and was running very good. I was short shifting the car at 6800 rpm and getting outrun. lol

http://youtu.be/pmiJ1w2QATg

Here is a veiw from the stands, I aborted the run, car laided over with a headgasket issue.

http://youtu.be/dmw1iij06t0
    :cheers:

2. 80mmvert

Re: testing the 4 cylinder, 1st full low boost pass

That has to be the meanest sounding four cylinder I have ever heard! Nice work.

3. Gen1SVE

Re: testing the 4 cylinder, 1st full low boost pass

+1

4. jim

Re: testing the 4 cylinder, 11.40s

That turbo sounds nice.What rpm does it spool at.How much boost do you leave with.

5. stangman93

I was leaving at 4400 rpm at 12lbs of boost ramping to 18lbs. Car was laying over after 6000 rpm. I found I have too much back pressure causing my head gasket issues and power problems. My new larger turbo should be in tomorrow and I should have the car on the dyno next week for some testing.

If all goes well on the dyno I shall hit the track and see what happens. It should come alive and look like a whole different car powerwise!

Thanks for the replies, hope to have this thing getting it done very soon. :cheers:

6. skip

Very nice 4 cylinder. Like everyone else said it sounds mean.

7. stangman93

Got the new turbo on and it helped the car.....a lot! Had it on the dyno end of last week and made 470rwhp at 22psi. I tried to run more boost but was blowing the wastegate open.

I also added N2O to help spool while on the brake. It used to take about 10 seconds with the other turbo to make rpm and boost and the new turbo just would spool with the tight convertor. I hooked up a 50 shot to spray on the transbrake and it woke it right up, launch rpm in about 1 second. NICE :2thumbs:

vid on the dyno, cell phone so quality kind of sucks.

http://youtu.be/rmYarwNoR8M

8. Johntsi

Re: testing the 4 cylinder, new turbo, so far at 22psi - 470 rwhp

If its blowing the gate open you likely have too much backpressure. What size turbo are you running? H

9. stangman93

Re: testing the 4 cylinder, new turbo, so far at 22psi - 470 rwhp

I am running a Precision 7675 CEA, .96 exhaust a/r. I am currently only running manifold reference on the boost control system and the spring in the wg is a 6lb spring right now.

10. stangman93