1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

terminator x and intake to use questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by joes69, Sep 18, 2021.

1. joes69

I bought the terminator x and have been using it on my blow through carbed turbo 5.3 ls.Im going to make the switch to efi but have some questions on it.Can you run a truck style intake and make around 750-800hp at the wheels with it.Im honestly in the dark with the efi and would love builds or opinions on it.I will be running e85 so if you have a good intake,injector and throttle body and fuel pump suggestions would love to hear them.The goal is 750-800 on e85 with basically cam only 5.3..If im out of bounds please let me know that as swell.I just feel im leaving allot on the table by running the carb with this system.

2. Mnlx

You can make that with a truck intake. Im running the TBSS, or NNBS (Trailblazer ss, new new body style), which is said to make a lttle more hp than the early intake. There are some cheap China 92mm throttle bodies that make them DBW. If you plan to primarily run at 5k+ rpm, then the fabricated, or high ram can make a little more hp up top, and actually help keep the stock bottom end alive at high hp levels.

3. Disney Lincoln

Absolutely. Pretty much any of the truck manifolds can make that power. The TBSS or Dorman LS2 would have an advantage, but even the stock LM7 truck intake will do it.

4. joes69

will I need to change throttle body with the truck style intake.Also for e85 what kind of injectors..thank you

5. Disney Lincoln

I don't know what TB you have now.

For injectors I think you can make your number on e85 with the SD 80's and 58psi base pressure. I'm doing a build right now with similar goals and that's the injectors i'm using, so I guess i'm putting my money where my mouth is here.

Russell likes this.