1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Terminator X and Blow Thru

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vht, Dec 25, 2021.

1. vht

I think I asked this before but I've been doing some research and I think I'm going to sell my almost new MSD 6014 and go with a TA. I'm going to start out blow thru because I know carbs but later may switch over. Running the TX, I could still have over boost safeties, correct? Correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't have to have boost control and I could could control the timing much better with the TX. Everything looks fairly simple to set up and it would eliminate the cost of the BC plus I could monitor air temp. What would be a good injector that would handle 1000 RWHP plus the cost? I won't make that but I'm shooting for 700 and I'd like to leave room for improvement. I've seen the ugly truck intakes make pretty good power and I don't think the fuel rails are to expensive. Just thinking a head, going to try to have the car out late spring so it may come out with injection, depends on how many good deals I find plus I have the 6014, 1000 cfm 4150 Holley, not converted yet, and intake I could sell that would help fund it. This will be pump 93 and race gas on higher boost, no where even close around here that has E85 which is a bummer.

2. vht

Please move this to the tech section, I screwed up.

3. Mnlx

With the exception of afr correction you should be able to use all the Terminator x features. 1000 rwhp on gas will need roughly 120 lb/hr injectors. Go efi, and don't look back. The Holley makes it easier than ever.

4. vht

Thanks Mnix, will the hand held do everything or is a lap top needed? I would like to do CO2 or air on the WG's also so I don't have a clue on what that consist of tuning wise.

5. Russell

You are going to need a laptop (you could use a desktop with a SD card reader). I got a cheap windows tablet it works ok.

Edit: You will want a computer to view data logs

6. vht

I seen where it won't do over 21 lbs of boost unless you used a lap top to change it or whatever the proper term is. I've been researching a lot, I hate eo. get into anything with out knowing what I'm doing.

7. Russell

I like my Terminator X it been pretty easy to turn. I do very little tuning from the hand held. I will use it as a dash and to save data logs.

The only thing I adjust on it is my two step.

You need a Windows computer. A laptop is nice because you can take it with you and tune on the go.

The software is free to down load. Do that and play with it before you buy.

nxcoupe and MidmoJoe like this.
  8. nxcoupe

Yes, the term x will do what you want it to do. Efi is the way to go hands down. Absolutely need a laptop to tune with. I sell a lot of these things. Easiest to call me with questions.

87turbonotch likes this.
  9. vht

nxcoupe, I'll contact you when I get ready to purchase, do you sell injectors or do you have a website?

10. nxcoupe

No website. I sell holley and ID inj. Ok. I try to help out fellow hobbyists any way I can.

Disney Lincoln and wht73 like this.
  11. vht

Thanks for the reply, I'll message you when I get ready to order.

12. Disney Lincoln

NXcoupe was a HUGE help in getting me all the stuff i needed to get the Holley EFI and pro-dash up and running on my Lincoln. One stop shop!

nxcoupe likes this.