1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tell me about truck lowers

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ocshaman, May 9, 2003.

1. ocshaman

I keep reading about box uppers and gt40 or turck lowers. Are they special trucks, or does the 85 f-150 with 302 that my dad just wrecked have a "truck lower"

2. Outlaw5.0

The Holley/Saleen/Vortech are are based off the 302 truck lower with a few changes.

3. ocshaman

What trucks can i fid the venerable "truck lower" on

4. boostedfoxbody

5. ocshaman

Not interested in purchasing one, just interested in whether they are off of just certain vehicles, or any truck that came with a 302 or 351

6. coupe8850

my 87 5.0 bronco had one and my dads 89 f250 5.8 has it to. why dont you just look under your dad's hood:stickpk:

7. Speedtospare

Kinda like my intake?? Theres allot of porting. To straighten the runners we had to add material (you can see the weld marks)

:tu:

Think mine was out of a 1989 F-150

I have one for sale if anyone is interested. Its a custom upper on a welded and ported GT-40 lower

8. RPM inc.

I had a truck lower once. This was 10 years ago. A truck lower can flow some good numbers with porting and epoxying, and or welding the runners. The new stuff is better and cheaper!

9. ocshaman

The truck is gone, and i don't know where to.

10. niceguynick50

I have one I'd like to get out of my dad's storage. I can't stand hearing him bitch at me anymore and I don't think I'll ever end up using it. All I want is $25 plus ACTUAL shipping. E-mail if interested
    This content is protected

11. Speedtospare

I highly doubt its cheaper, and I guarantee I can outflow any intake on the market with exception of the spyder intake's for what I spent. This is assuming you can do your own work. The intake in the top pic went 9.23@151 with a 306 and a vortech J trim 5-6 years ago.

12. Speedtospare

pictures of intake for anyone interested

13. RPM inc.

Very impressive and enough said!:) But to get a truck lower to flow like that will take some money unless you can do it yourself, and that was my point. ;)

14. turbojunkie

Yeah the truck lower work great but as said they need a "little" massaging to really work good. Actually they need to be fully hogged out. I had a vortech intake on my 93 s-trim car and i loved it but the bigger difference came when i pulled it off and ported the shit out of it. Oh yeah any 302 based truck with efi will work.

15. Speedtospare

yeah I have a ton of hours in to porting. It was difficult to get the runners stright. You will notice the walls a pretty thin now also.

16. boostedfoxbody

Was your truck lower ported to a 1250, or 1262 intake gasket?