1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TBI (Fitech PA 1200) VS MPFI (FAST XFI 2.05)

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Red98422, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Red98422

Howdy folks, I have the opportunity to purchase the two above items for nearly the same money (FAST is a bit more due to the intake that it comes with) . I was hoping to get your thoughts on pros and cons of each.

keep in mind I’m a bit of a newb when it comes to tuning, but I’m not a retard so I have the ability to learn haha.

the FAST is attractive based on its depth of tuning, And they use normal(ish) sensors and no realistic cap on power near as I can tell. The cons as I see them are that it is a very complex system and could be difficult to learn.

the FiTech is attractive due to its outwards simplicity for installation and seems to have enough tuning ability to do more than I need, plus the added effect (albeit a minor one) of evaporative cooling. The cons are its proprietary injectors, HP cap (this isn’t realistically a con for me) and from what I understand doesn’t play well trying to control the timing on my engine (Cadillac 500 no crank wheel) which has the potential to necessitate the use of control boxes and additional ignition hardware.

Is there anything I may be missing? Am I completely wrong on anything? I would like to only have to buy once, as these aren’t inexpensive units

2. Disney Lincoln

So turbo Caddy 500? I'd not consider the Fitech for that. It would be FAST, Holley, Haltech, FuelTech, MS3, etc. I, personally, would want to try to figure out a way to do port injection too.

3. Red98422

You got it, caddy big block. The combo is being sold off of a known running engine, Comes with a manifold already drilled with fuel rails and injectors for port injection. Seems like a good deal, but I just wanted to know what I was getting into before I agreed to anything and measuring the pros and cons of each. The FiTech was my initial plan from when this build first started to get pieced together.

4. B E N

Why not fitech disney? The 1200 will have more than enough overhead, easy to tune, has the features needed without being over the top.

5. Disney Lincoln

I/O. Datalogging. Flexibility.

6. Red98422

I ended up purchasing the XFI system as it has infinite adjustability and known compatibility with ignition control in my engine, which prevents me from having to run additional programmable boxes