1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tbi 350 with Holley super sniper and turbo help

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Jimcefus, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Jimcefus

I am new to turbo builds. I have a few vehicles with turbos, but they came stock with them. I recently purchased a 91 S 10 with a new Jegs crate engine, Holley super snipe EFI, a VS Racing 7875 billet turbo with a blow off valve and a waste gate. It also has the Holley hyper spark ignition and a water to air cooler. It idles good and is fine until I boost and it starts to boost but then falls on its face. I assume the guy I bought it from put a lot of money in it but didn’t get the setup dialed in. I’m a good mechanic but I have no idea what initial settings should be. Initial timing, timing retard per boost, afr etc. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_6936.jpeg #ad

IMG_6937.jpeg #ad

2. TurboSnake281

Check the plugs to see what they look like

3. Russell

After checking the plugs .I would check all the sensors and fuel injectors, make sure they are entering correctly. Then I would verify fuel pressure.

How much boost were you seeing when the boost came on. Review the data log normally the problem will show up if all the above is good.