Taylor's 1000+ RWHP Turbo Street Lightning

Discussion in 'Featured Turbocharged Cars and Trucks' started by TTF/Ken, Jun 2, 2006.

By TTF/Ken on Jun 2, 2006 at 2:50 PM
  1. TTF/Ken Staff Member

top.jpg
    Taylor's 1000+ RWHP Turbo Street Lightning

Best time as of 9-22-10: 10.23 @ 147mph, 15" DR
    1066 rwhp / 854 rwtq @ 25psi Video 1, Video 2, Video 3

Turbo System:
    Twin Precision 72's, Tial 60mm gates, Procharger Mondo Blow Off, Air to Water, Custom piping by Chris Cioleck at Amp Performance (3in cold, custom 5in inlets behind front bumper, dual 3 1/2 all the way out)

Engine and Management System:
    Built Ford GT motor, Scat forged crank worked by Mile High Performance, billet Oliver rods, JE Pistons, Hellfire rings, machined block for wet sump, custom Stefs oil pan, Melling billet oil pump. Stock GT heads with Comp Cams adjustable gears. Controlled by BS3 with LS1 coils.

Induction and Fuel:
    Built GT motor, Scat forged crank worked by Mile High Performance, billet Oliver rods, JE Pistons, Hellfire rings, machined block for wet sump, custom Stefs oil pan, Melling billet oil pump. Stock GT heads with Comp Cams adjustable gears. Controlled by BS3 with LS1 coils.

Ignition and Exhaust:
    LS1 coils controlled by BS3. 3 1/2 in from down pipe to stock fender exit location

Transmission and rear:
    Built Hughes 4L80E with external control box. Detroit Tru Trac with 3.73's and stock axles.

Suspension:
    Stock with removed sway bar and cut coils in front, JLP fiberglas mono leafs, QA1 adjustables, JLP trac bars

Tires and rims:
    Summit Star 15X4 with ET Fronts. Bogart 15X10 D10 with 325/60/15 MT DR.

Body:
    Street Scene mirrors, lowered

Other:
    Some wire tucking, relocated batery to the back.
    A/C & P/S brackets.
    Painted Block.

Future plans:
    ENJOY IT!............ And a bottom 9 sec pass.

Background:
    Truck started out as a pulley/full exhaust truck. Got pumbled on the freeway real early one morning by a stock C6 auto Vette. They just came out. This one still had paper plates. Couldn't have that happen anymore. As the tear down commenced I ordered the biggest blower I could find and a motor to go with it. Truck made 65xrwhp/750+rwtq. Then I sparayed it. Went to 862rwhp/980rwtq. Needless to say it was time to test it out It was fun but didn't last long. Blew that motor up in a hurry and then decided that power level was no longer good enough either. Ordered my GT block and heads and decided to go for it. Next up was turbos, and so on and so on. Three long years later, truck finally made the 4 digit numbers I was looking for and the trap speed to go with it. Next on the agenda is a trans brake so I can get the 9 sec timeslip I'm looking for as well.
    Lightning1.jpg
    track.jpg
    turbo.jpg

turbo.jpg

track.jpg

Lightning1.jpg

top.jpg

Duke_62 likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Featured Turbocharged Cars and Trucks' started by TTF/Ken, Jun 2, 2006.