1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

which header bolts for B&G headers do you guys use

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ralphiejantz, Jul 31, 2005.

1. ralphiejantz

which header bolts for B&G headers do you guys use

I just want to know what headers bolt are you guys with B&G turbo headers using if you have an ARP part number that would be great theyre going on vic jr heads (not that it really matters) thanks for the help

2. xxfastangxx

Re: which header bolts for BG CUSTOM TURBO headers do you guys use

I've tried just about everything and mine always back out... and cause the flanges to warp then leak.

What are you guys using?

3. racesloth

don't have a part number but I am using ARP stainless 1 inch long 3/8 16 thread with 12pt heads - I was not comfortable with just 1/4" of threads in the head. the 12pt heads make it easy to get a small 3/8 box end on them...

At first i tried stainless 1 and 1.25" long with allen heads and that was no always easy to get a good angle on them with the allen wrench. - FWIW

4. M&M Turbochargers

5. 10secgoal

ARP-400-1110
    Really small heads. If the flanges are flat, they shouldn't back out. I have never had one back out before.

6. Franz336

I used some locking bolts that I had lying around from past builds. If I was buying a new set of locking bolts, get the ones with the set screw. Just tighten them really good so the set screw doesn't rattle out, and no problem.