1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

28 x 10.5W ET Drag vs. 325/50 DR

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Andrew, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Andrew

The specs on MT's and BFG's websites show these to be pretty close in size... anyone here run both of these who can confirm? If I can fit a 325 can I fit a 28 x 10.5W?

2. MUSTANG B

This is just opinionated but..IM pretty sure they wont fit without mini tubs..butt maybe you can do alot of cutting/beating the inner/outer fender to crapp. I personally wouldnt do that to that nice azz car of yours...

3. 66 AC COBRA

ive got a buddy with a 28w under his notch, stock tubs beat to shit, fender lips are rolled so they are flat with the body

he fits it in there, with custom machined spacers to get it just right, it still rubs a little on the fender and the body when he launched real hard (1.39 60'), the car is not street driven, but i dont think yours will be anyway

why not a mini tub, dont want to modify your existing cage right

4. jph331

A 28 x 10.5W will fit a fox body. A 10inch rim with 6.5inch back spacing works best. You also need to cut or roll the inner wheel well along with a little beating to the wheel well. I had to use a wheel spacer also. If it is a GT the tire may hit on the ground effects.

5. MUSTANG B

tire

I dont think Andrew s going to beat his car up just to make them work..If ya ever seen his ride you wouldnt beat it up either..Mini tubs is the best and and looks nicely when done right..But yeah..they will fit with a hammer. A couple of guys at the local track run in the FSTA class..[Factory Street of Texas] and have fit 10.5Ws on theirs but looks really bad by the fenders of their cars...Just my 2 cents....

6. jph331

My bad. It was late last night. I forgot we were talking about W's. I have 28 X 10 with stiff side walls not W's.

7. Andrew

I had to cut out the stock spring perches and go with coilovers inboard of the framerail as well as take 1/2" out of the shock towers to get the 325's to fit on a 10" wheel, so I've got some more room on the inside...

8. ShaneH

Andrew, the problem with running the 10.5Ws is that they grow a good bit at speed. They generally rub on the lower front corner of the quarter panel/wheel opening unless you mini tub it and move em in a few inches.