1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

T88 ????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Uedlose, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Uedlose

So I am looking at a Turbonetics T88 and I have a question maybe some of the more knowledgeable guys may know. Did Turbonetics ever use the gt4788 compressor wheels? and what turbine wheel did they use? he has one with a 10 blade wheel and the other with a 11 blade wheel but the 11 blade wheel has a smaller exit on the turbine side. The inducer on the comp. wheel is 3.5 in so that should be right around 88.9 and the exduser is 4.6 so that should be right around 116.8 he measured everything in inches so I am sure the is a bit of small error in this. The compressor wheel is 6 blade also just like the gt4788. me looking at pics. of gt4788 compressor wheel and then the ones he has they look to be the same wheels.. Thanks John

2. Uedlose

so how much air does the compressor move? do you have a map or know where I could find one? the one turbine wheel is 3.3 and is 11 blades the other is 88.8 and has 10 blades so that must be the 89 wheel you are talking of do you think this would be fine on a 408? Thanks John