1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MY 89' NOTCH BUILD

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by minn50, Jan 1, 2008.

1. minn50

This is my 89' notch. 327 w/ BG CUSTOM TURBO turbo kit and a c-4 trans.

[​IMG]#ad

i started by re-doing previous wiring job and getting ready to paint the engine compartment.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. minn50

the radiator support was not looking good so i am replacing that also.

i installed the motor and transmission to see hwere i have to clearence the inner fender and frame rail for the turbo.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. racesloth

4. mrturbo1300r

turn that 1/5 of jack up side down then it will be blown on alchahol :D

5. minn50

was drinking that while working on it on new years eve.
    the car was owned by a guy from tenn. so i figured it fit.

:D

6. mrturbo1300r

yup, it fits . be careful drinking whisky and wrenching last time i did that i put a harley piston in a yamaha and made it run :doh:

7. tbirdsctc83

What front and rear springs are u using? gives the car a real nice stance.

8. montelius

Nice car, thats a great looking blue.

9. killacal

Clean looking setup. How hard was it to pull of that front radiator support? Isn't that riveted on?

10. 88foxbody

what suspension package is that? UPR?

11. minn50

car is original color. could use a refresh paint job though.

the suspension is all qa1 stuff.

the radiator support is really quite easy. it took about 3 hrs taking my time. lots of spot welds. i just used a drill bit the same size, center punched it and drilled slowly. i drilled some all the way thru for line up of the new one (make it easier).

not sure what rear springs are. it was converted to coil over though, ill have to look.

will be working on it this weekend. i ordered a bunch of stuff for it that will be here next week.

12. 88foxbody

are you going to fill in all the little holes on the fender wells,it took me weeks to fill in mine.all welded then sanded smooth & primed. very clean look is what im looking for,thank god i have plenty of time to work on my coupe not much left to do :chacha:just need money :bang

13. minn50

YEAH I PLAN ON DOING THAT.

its alot of work but worth it i think. i too need the money but have alot of parts already.

14. 88foxbody

do you have a sunroof? I think someone put an aftermarket sunroof in my car having a hell of a time finding the correct seal. I put a factory seal in has 1/2" gap between the glass & frame,hold water & leaks on my new interior.any ideas on what to do? almost ready to fill in with silicone.but would be nice to use sunroof,NO A/C IN SOUTH FLORIDA SUCKS!!!!!!!

15. Iroc-Z

Is that Southern's old notch?

16. 88foxbody

Its is now,somebody had this car in the snow do to every shit ass bolt on the car broke or had to be cut off!!!! Good thing I got the car for Free. Spent way too much time cutting out rust & replacing panels,floorboards,ect.but now I know what I have A BUNCH OF ALL NEW PARTS!!!! AND A TRUCK LOAD OF RUSTED ASS PARTS TO TAKE TO THE DUMP!!!!!! :bang: Guss My Mommy Was Right!!! Stupid Is What Stupid Does!!!! :doh:

17. minn50

yep. getting all redone. there is alot of work to redo it.

18. Iroc-Z

Dang I thought him and Les cleaned and painted the engine bay when he did the swap. I guess not

19. minn50

not going to put anyone down. but i am doing it different and better than they did. there was alot of melted wiring and a couple of overheated relays (fan and pump), core support was bent pretty bad. needs some work but i plan on having it driveable by june.

20. BILL-E

LMAO!