1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

More MP T70 questions. . .

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by NeedaTurbo, Apr 28, 2005.

1. NeedaTurbo

This thread is helpful,
    https://www.theturboforums.com/foru...=20&highlight=vband master power&pagenumber=2

However, a lot of the questions that some people asked didn't get answered, or didn't get answered decisivly.

I need to order my oil feed line, I'm going to use a -3an (good idea still? :D ) and going to do my own oil drain line.

So the question is, what kind of bolts threads into the MP T70 cartridge for the feed?

I have heard that the sizes in the Master Power turbos cartridges have changed in the past about 3x, so how do I know which one is the correct size?

So anyone have any info to this yet? :)

2. SWT Racing

Why don't you measure them on the turbo?

3. NeedaTurbo

There's a hydraulic shop about 30 mins from me, so I guess I could just go there or another hardware store and start trying different ones? Guess I could do that :p

4. OnEwIcKeD SVT

I would assume 3/8ths by 1.5"

5. ConradS

1/8 NPT for the feed. I used a 90 degree -3 an to 1/8 npt adapter on my MP T-70

6. OnEwIcKeD SVT

i was assuming he needed the bolt size that holds the drain/feed physically on the turbo...

maybe im mistaking.

:D

7. ConradS

do you mean if he uses a flange on the feed instead of just using an an to pipe fitting?

8. OnEwIcKeD SVT

9. ConradS

gotcha. I'm not sure what those are....they might be metric since the ones for the drain flange were metric.

10. NeedaTurbo

No, sorry I guess I should have clarified :)

11. SWT Racing

Dude, if you're going the JY route, you better be able to identify the thread size, type, and pitch just by looking at it. Git er done! :D

12. 5literttop

Thats what I did. They took the turbo and found the right combination on my MP 60-1. It was an odd size if I remember correctly, just cause I was running 3/16 brake line as the feed.

13. Carson

we have a oil line kit that has everything for $60 or you can buy ind pieces

14. 1969CHECYCHEVELLE

anybody know what size the two bolts are for the drain? i tried the ones off my 60-1 turbonetics and they are too big.....