1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

T67 vs t70 help me pick

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Navy_mike, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Navy_mike

I have a 89 mustang mustang with a on3 kit and a t70. It's a street car and I'm trying to work out the bugs. The t70 seems a bit laggy on the 302. I have gt40 heads, stock cam and 1.7rr. I'm not seeing full boost (10lbs) until 3200-3400 issue would I benefit from a t67? I found this for a steal from someone who didn't use it.

Car made 430/490 to the rears. And I'm looking to make 450/500 ish with meth and exhaust work

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...67-P81-R_FLNG-OIL-FEED-AN4&Category_Code=TOCH

2. Jeremy

I don't think you would see any difference going from that 70 to the 67. If you really want to pick up spool get a legit billet wheel turbo. Spool will be night and day difference, for 450rwhp goal get something in the billet 62mm range, will be a whole new animal.

3. Navy_mike

Really. Do you have any examples I can look into

4. 20psiofevil

The fun don't begin til 5000rpm. Are you trying to make boost off idle? I ran a 62mm on my 4.3l v6 and it was a tq monster, useless on the street cause at 450rwhp it was making 550ftlbs tq. Now I run a s366 and it's more controllable.

5. Navy_mike

Well I'd like boost around 2500. It gives me more fun and more rpm to work with. Right now I'm in full boost at 3300 and it will pull to 7000 no issues. But with stock shortblovk id like to have that more around 2500-6000

How do you like the s366 because that's exactly what I'm looking at getting

6. Mrich0908

If you change your cam and get a tune , it will be night and day . You will be able to put your power band were you would like it if you choose the proper . Certain camshafts will help turbos spool faster than others cams.
    My suggestion since it looks like your not throwing allot of cash at this build .
    Grab the Fcam. I had one 10 years ago when I owned my fox body. Its only a few hundred buck and is a GREAT Forced induction cam.
    If your still un-happy then swap the turbo but either road you take , you should have swapped your cam in the beginning.
    A good cheap street turbo is a GT45. Allot of us use them on street cars and will support your power.

7. Navy_mike

My plan is to build a aftermarket block woth all
    The good stuff later down the road I just don't see a purpose in doing that with a stock block. I do have this cam sitting in my garage as we speak what do you think?

Intake .547
    Exhaust .544
    Lobe sep 113

Duration at .050
    Intake 220
    Exhaust 230

8. Mrich0908

Get a 351 be done with it . I knew few people that did it will blow any 302 out the water. Mod for Mod.
    I know jack about camshaft specs and choice . One thing I do know is dont expect HUGE gain of power from a camshaft it will only move your power band were you want it .
    I like going on Compcams Camquest . They have a online Dyno Program. It will give you a ruff estimate dyno number that your motor will make. Now Im not sure how accurate the number is but the cool thing is you can choose different camshafts that they sell for your motor, for different scenarios IE street , 4x4/tow , Drag only ECT.. The online program will show you what different camshafts will do on the dyno simulator.
    http://www.camquest.com

9. Mnlx

I dont think the cam, or the 366 will get you what you want. The cam is only going to give up tq/hp down low which will be counter productive, and the 366 has a fairly large turbine. I think you best bet now is to look at your tune. What does your ign curve look like? What a/r on your t70? Is this an auto car? What gear, and tire?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016