1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

T6 CAT turbo with GT4202 comp wheel- Can I get an alternative turbine housing?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Stav, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Stav

As title.

I have a CAT turbo, T6 frame, V-band comp and turbine housings, GT4202 compressor wheel but slightly larger turbine wheel it seems, and currently a .86 unvidided T6 exhaust housing.

Will any other housing fit this, or? Id like a divided T4 one ideally, but even a divided T6 would be ok if no chance with a T4....

Any info?

:2thumbs:

2. ash

what part number...
    any pictures ?

many different housings , and mountings

3. Stav

The ID tag on the core says...
    P/N 115-2257
    S/N 7511 CCL 22909

Old pics, been modified and used since, but same housings etc...

Been told by a turbo dealer on here, forget who, that its a GT4202 compressor wheel, and a turbine wheel 10mm larger than a 4202 one. I love the fact its a tiny exhaust housing a/r, and has worked well on what I had it on before, but now I want to fit it to something thats already got a T4 manifold so would like to not have to do any welding....