1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

will a untuned car stumble part throttle? help

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by platedturbonotch, Sep 15, 2005.

1. platedturbonotch

going to have it tuned,but i'm not sure if the lowend stumble is from it not tuned its a 331 garret gt42 ati blowthru, 42lb inj,if the car is really off,will it cause a lowend stumble,will the tune fix it,or narrow it down,don't wanna take it there if it isn't that,it's kind of a sneeze,or a stumble,any info i may feel a little better thanks

2. dman

seems like a low end stumble is common with cars running 42# injectors without a "tune". A good chip burn should take care of that.

I had a bad stumble in my car with 42#'ers and a 75mm Edelbrock/BBK throttlebody.... When i changed the TB back to a stocker 90% of the stumble went away. A chip could have easily fixed the rest.