1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

T3G Turbo Specs........

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by DarkAngel, Nov 16, 2010.

1. DarkAngel

Hi everyone. I am relatively new here and have searched the interwebs from start to finish (LOL) and this site as well. I need to know the specs of this turbo.

I have emailed HKS and also Garrett and only one has been a bit helpful. HKS was a joke and basically just shrugged me off in saying " its a turbo they dont deal with here in the states". I was like " Are you serious? No info at all? Lame. Thanks anyways." Actually wrote K thanks.....

Garrett was at least somewhat helpful after around 5 emails back and forth. ( I personally found out this turbo was a twin from the T3G's on a Toyota forums by searching the numbers on the plate.) What I am trying to find out is what this turbo is comparable to? The guy that sold it to me stated it came off a TT Supra which from my searching I saw it did most likely off a 1JZ TT Supra. He also stated he spoke to Garrett ( 20 minutes on the phone with a rep there ) and they told him it was comparable to a GT2560 BB turbo. OK after some time back and forth with Garrett I felt the last email was a shrug like an OK now GTFO kind of deal as they also agreed in thhe end it was similar to a GT2560 BB. Anyways......

These are the numbers off this thing. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

17200-134285
    UJ-7033J
    467019-34

Exhaust Housing is stamped with an: AR.49

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I want to use this turbo as a replacement to my GT2554R as my stock turbo needs a rebuild. By the looks of it the Compressor Wheel is a bit larger than my stock one. I am going to adapt the turbo as it has a different compressor housing design but the turbine intlet flange appears to be a T25 flange and the CHRA is water/oil cooled as well just like mine.

Got more pictures to show:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Compressor Inducer:

[​IMG]#ad

Compressor Exducer:

[​IMG]#ad

Turbine Exducer:

[​IMG]#ad

Turbine Inducer:

[​IMG]#ad

After comparing to the Garrett site, I guess it does match a GT2560R but the AR is different. Just need confirmation I guess.

[​IMG]#ad

2. jaredsamurai

What do you need to know?

You pretty much found out it has identical dimensions of a garrett GT series. On that note, I would assume that all of the airflow specs of the garrett would be quite close to or the same as the HKS you have (which is probably just a garrett rip off). Just use the garrett compressor and turbine flow numbers.

3. DarkAngel

Yea I know kind of figured it out myself there but as far as A/R goes, doesn't match the 2554 ones. If anyone possibly has the spec sheet to the T3G or know the numbers that would be really helpful. I know the A/R of the Turbine Housing ( .49 ) but not the Compressor Housing. Just need to see what numbers I am dealing with here. Stock GT2554R Turbine Housing ( .64 ) and Compressor Housing ( .80 ) which is what is stock on my MSP. I know I would get a quicker spool but as far as the AR on the Compressor? Thats my question now.

Any help is appreciated.

Just noticed, Gilbert, AZ. I am about 2 hours South from ya.

4. 302f150

Somewhere on garretts site it says compressor housing a/r isn't as critical as turbine housing sizing....ill see of I can find it

5. DarkAngel

Hmmm interesting. I'll look too.

OK I found it.

6. PrettyTarable

Apologies for the decade old thread necro but as this is where I started my search for more info on these turbos and was the most useful collection of info google turned up I thought I would add to it.
    [​IMG]#ad

After digging around the internet for way longer than I wanted, I finally found the part number for the T3Gs, which is 466167-0001 in case the image disappears. Have yet to determine if I can buy that still, but at least its a start and perhaps someone else in the future trying to restore a set of these will find that useful.