1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

347 combo with T68 runing lean with 11 PSI ??????? please help

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 94Turbo347, Jul 13, 2007.

1. 94Turbo347

Hi Guts,

The car is 94 stang with coast high 347 fully forged -20 cc pistons- Victor Jr 70 cc heads, Victor intake, bennet custom turbo grind .542 w 1.7 RRA, pro turbo kits w T68 garrett unit with .81 a/r intercooled.

Fuel sys 42 lb injectors + 255 holley force induction pump + inline T-Rex + fuel lines 1/2" pressure and return 3/8" + BEGI regulator set with vacum unpluged to 45 PSI relief valve closed.

Timing set at 18 w spout removed and stock ECU.

The car runs lean around 13.0 to 13.8 on the aem wide band - i have tried to raise the static pressure even lower it the car still remain lean at all the way to red line :bang:

The reading on the fuel press gauge when the boost comes to action reach up 90 to 100 PSI is this normal :huh:

I thought that maybe i need to step up to bigger injectors - if injectors is the problem which MAF meter to run with 70+ injectors - i have searched all over but could not found any to match with the injectors, all what i found that people swith to engine management systems.

2. sho_92

What type of maf are you running now? you have your base timing set at 18? thats a little high or is it looked down at 18. I know my car detuned to full boost to be 14 deg og timing. but where trying to kill power. my set up with a 342 and afr 185s on 13 lbs (sounds close to yours) is detuned to 541 rear wheel horse and could have another 40 hp just putting some timing back in. the injecter are on the smaller side but i don't think it would run that lean. I used to have a blow thru maf and you had to turn it to change the air fuel.

3. 94Turbo347

The Timing is 18 with spout removed (locked at 18). the MAF i am using now is a Pro-M unit 80 mm calibrated for 42lb and it is mounted for draw thru.

What do you think what is going on??????

4. sho_92

How much boost are you running the fuel pressure should only rise 1pound of fuel for 1 lb of boost so if your running 10 lbs of boost your fuel should only go up 10 lbs. This sounds similar to me finding out i need to turn my maf to adjust the air fuel ratio. Is you maf designed to be a blow threw unit or it was a draw threw and your now using it as a blow threw. I think your problem is something with the maf. your fuel presure sounds high under boost or your gauge is bad. In order to run 70's on a stock compter i think you need to get a controler to run 70's also most people I know including my self run 72's but 60's are more then enough for any stock block.

5. 94Turbo347

The MAF is for Draw threw and it is mounted for a draw threw in front of the turbo in the vacum side not the pressure. i am running 11 psi with a rising rate fuel requlator.