1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Swapping pi heads from old 4.6 2v to new npi block questions

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Franknvic, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Franknvic

Im in the process of swapping engine blocks both 2000 4.6 2 valves after im assuming spun a rod or killed my main bearing. Question is the old engine had pi head/intake and a bunch of nice bolt ons so i want to transfer everything over to the new block but i need a bit of guidance on what to do about installing the heads properly.
    The notion i had was setting both blocks TDC and using an retention tool to hold the cams in place. would that work or am i heading for disaster?

2. B E N

You can just follow your service manual or a write up for changing head gaskets, you will be at the same place in the engine.
    This write up should also guide you through it: https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/pi-headswap-write-up.717166/
    There are also youtube videos that will get you there.
    Timing an engine is fairly basic stuff, just jump in! You will be fine.

3. 91turboterror