1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

03 cobra alternator and a coupler question...help asap!

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by BobSnake, Apr 26, 2010.

1. BobSnake

Anybody know what the 3 wires are on the top of the alternator? Two of mine are hooked up and the red (I hope is some type of power wire) isn't and the thing isn't charging the battery. If not whats the best place to get a replacement? Just a parts store like autozone or oreilly's?

My next question...what size coupler do I need to filt a factory 03 cobra throttlebody? I need one that will reduce from whatever size that is to 3.5" for my charge pipe. Thought it was 5" but I can't find that coupler anywhere. I can find 3.5-4.5" but not sure if it will work. Thanks

2. wildcardfox

Just replace the alternator with one at autozone. The throttle body is a 4.5" coupler.

3. 99TTGT

sounds like you may need a new alternator..