1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

swapping a 5.4 4v in a sn95

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by dunes dude, Apr 27, 2010.

1. dunes dude

Hey I'm building a drag 2003 mustang which is gonna get a 5.4 4v the only thing im worried about is wiring since the sn95 i have is a v6 so what I'm asking is which harness should i get will an engine harness and PCM from a 2000-2004 cobra work?

Thanks

2. 99TTGT

If I were you ,I will use a FAST stand Alone or a Bis Stuff 3, MoTech is also a good option for a DRAG car

ps#you can make it work with the cobra stuff,but I will not use it....

3. wildcardfox

You can rewire a gt harness and use a gt computer that is reflashed with a programer.

4. dunes dude

the reason i was asking if i can use a cobra harness and pcm is that because i only know how to tune by using SCT advantage and i have never tried something else. and damn those aftermarket engine management devices they are very expensive

5. dunes dude

i also forgot to add one thing by saying a drag car i dont mean a 7 sec car or anything crazy my goal is just to reach the low 9's or if im lucky the high 8's

6. Turbo Terror

just get a standalone if you can tune sct advantage you can do a standalone. you will end up being cheaper in the end and have way less issues tuning. i have also seen way too many motors blow up because of the stock computers that i would not trust one especially if you have to wire an ecu anyway

7. dunes dude

hmm looks like im gonna go with a standalone MMR has a nice F.A.S.T Xfi package for 3000$ if i get the FAST is there anything else i should get?